Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Too much or too little estrogen?  (Read 1319 times)

Arewenearlythereyet?

• First Flush
Too much or too little estrogen?
« on: August 19, 2021, 09:01:22 AM »

I have been on HRT since April and increased to two pumps of oestrogel about a month ago. Am on continuous utrogestan as my moods were up and down taking it for part of the month.  I still have regular periods.  Last couple of weeks my boobs are sore and I have bad spots on face and neck.  Anyone got any clue what is going on? I am 47. Wondering if too much or too little estrogen or something else?

sheila99

Re: Too much or too little estrogen?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 11:14:59 AM »

Sounds like too much but you really need to give it 3 months to settle. Also you may be producing your own oestrogen spike, in peri your levels are guaranteed to be too high or too low at some point because of what you produce yourself. Are you taking utro every day or 25 days out or 28? Just concerned your lining may be building up if you don't bleed at all.

monicap

Re: Too much or too little estrogen?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 05:52:11 PM »

Agree with Sheila. Sounds like too much but you may just need to wait a while to settle down.

If you're still perimenopausal sequential HRT (with a bleed) is preferred I believe, rather than taking it continuously.

I'm also very sensitive to progesterone so I take it vaginally and only for the first seven days of the month. I get a bleed on day 10. It still affects my mood, but not as much. Google: Professor John Studd HRT regime. It's quite popular.