Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Feel like my body is giving me contradictory signs  (Read 1213 times)

Dandelion

Feel like my body is giving me contradictory signs
« on: August 18, 2021, 05:52:36 PM »

I used to be on 100mcg oestrogen with progesterone, but brought the dose down gradually to 25mcg with GP due to abnormal bleeding which the clinicians know about.

I found out I have some small fibroids in the wall of my womb from my GP
The contradictory thing is that, while fibroids can indicate too much oestrogen, yet I get night sweats, no flushes anymore as my meno symptoms are getting better.

This doesn't make sense to me, because I thought night sweats mean not enough oestrogen.

I don't want to go back up in dose with oestrogen to feed the fibroids.

Thanks

Shannonplussed

Re: Feel like my body is giving me contradictory signs
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 12:22:59 AM »

Nights sweats can mean a relative drop in estrogen, going from higher to lower. But not necessarily LOW. So if you had a high dosage, then dropped to a lower amount, even if that is the right amount for you and your other symptoms, night sweats can be triggered.

Floo36

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 07:55:55 AM »

I would have thought you need more Estrogen not less, it’s about symptom control.  Will 25mg give you enough bone pretection?

monicap

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 05:20:16 PM »

I found out I have some small fibroids in the wall of my womb from my GP
The contradictory thing is that, while fibroids can indicate too much oestrogen, yet I get night sweats, no flushes anymore as my meno symptoms are getting better.

This doesn't make sense to me, because I thought night sweats mean not enough oestrogen.

I don't want to go back up in dose with oestrogen to feed the fibroids.

Hiya Dandelion. Fibroids don't mean that your oestrogen levels are high at present. They were formed in the past when oestrogen was higher. So, no contradiction.

I have a small and a medium sized one myself. According to some reputable sources about 80 per cent of women do by the time they're fifty.

This is reassuring:
"The doses of oestrogen in HRT are very low so they are not usually high enough to stimulate the fibroids. Occasionally having HRT can cause fibroids to grow or bleed. Women taking HRT can still have effective treatments for their fibroids."

https://www.menopausedoctor.co.uk/menopause/fibroids-and-the-menopause#:~:text=The%20doses%20of%20oestrogen%20in,effective%20treatments%20for%20their%20fibroids.

I haven't had any unexplained bleeding since being on HRT but before I went on it I did a couple of times. I was in late perimenopause by then.