Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Switch premarin to oestrogel  (Read 1057 times)

Twistedpink

• First Flush
Switch premarin to oestrogel
« on: August 19, 2021, 01:52:46 PM »

Hi I have asked to switch from premarin with progesterone 2 x 12 nights per month to Oestrogel with progesterone 1 x every night, as felt flushes were back and dont want the bleed. The Oestrogel leaflet says if you are currently using another type of HRT where you have a period, finish your current medicine pack before you start using Oestrogel. I dont understand as I take premarin every day with no break, do they mean start Oestrogel after I finish 12 nights of progesterone? Thanks in advance for any help.

Dotty

Re: Switch premarin to oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 04:46:56 PM »

Hi yes I would start the new regime after the 12 days of progesterone .

Are you post menopause ? If not, then taking the Utrogestan continuously may not stop you bleeding. x

Twistedpink

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 05:04:33 PM »

Hi Dotty no I'm peri menopausal. Oh I thought I'd see the back of my bleed, aw well if the new regime helps my sweats I'll be happy. Thank you

monicap

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 05:26:06 PM »

Hi Twisted, Oestrogel is body identical, so much better for you that Premarin for a whole host of reasons! When hot flushes come back during peri though it's normally because our natural oestrogen has gone down further, so we might need to up the HRT dose. That's pretty easy to do with a gel obviously.

And yes, you normally do sequential/cyclical HRT while you're menopausal. I think after a year of doing it that way you can try continuous (no bleed) HRT, but not sure. Can someone confirm?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 05:28:43 PM by monicap »