Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sore skin  (Read 2120 times)

Rhinoslass

Sore skin
« on: August 16, 2021, 02:54:56 PM »

Can any body help please after advice. Sorry itmi my bum is sore it's the skin it feels very dry and hurts to sit. No piles or ls. Has any one else had this and what have you found that works please. Had this for months now its just were you have hairs in crack of cheek

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sore skin
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 03:08:26 PM »

Yep.  My GP recommended 'anosol' - bought from the Pharmacy. In the pursed lips area (anus) and a little on the sore areas.

Or 'savlon' or 'vaseline' to build a barrier between any acidic urine which may run into the cheek area.  Johnson's baby talc has worked 4 me. 

As oestrogen levels drop off, the sky maybe dry! 

Rhinoslass

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 03:34:20 PM »

Thank you I thought I was on my own with this. And was worried some thing was wrong. It's very uncomfortable like I say it's just the skin that hurts even to touch. What we have to go through. Thanks will give it a go x

monicap

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 03:44:59 PM »

Lower levels of oestrogen don't just affect the vaginal mucosa. They affect the skin of the vulva, perineum, rectum. That whole area. I used Vagifem (topical oestrogen tablets placed in the vagina) for a couple of years but it wasn't until I started taking systemic oestrogen (patch, spray etc) that I felt truly comfortable again.

I expect that topical oestrogen cream applied directly to the problem areas would help too.

Anusol is just treating the symptoms. While you might be more comfortable in the short term, this is a hormonal issue that will only get worse if it's not treated. The gold standard treatment is to replace the oestrogen you've lost.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 03:47:30 PM by monicap »

Rhinoslass

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 04:18:35 PM »

So what can I use as it is very sore. Thankyou I use vagifem 2 week and hrt patches 2 a week. This is all new to me. But tge irritation is getting me down x

Rhinoslass

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 04:36:40 PM »

If I put ovestin on the sore area will it help x

monicap

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 05:14:38 PM »

If I put ovestin on the sore area will it help x

You could talk to your GP about increasing your dose of systemic oestrogen or applying Ovestin locally. See if it improves after three months. If it doesn't I suppose there could be other reasons for your discomfort that would need to be explored.

EDIT:
Rhinoslass - you'll find this thread interesting.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=38125.0
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 05:23:39 PM by monicap »

Rhinoslass

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 05:43:22 PM »

Thankyou I will try ovestin as I have some x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2021, 08:00:07 PM »

Also making sure that the urine isn't acidic, my pee doesn't stream in the 'right' direction sometimes  >:( and no , U are not alone! 

Lyncola

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2021, 08:44:33 AM »

I recommend Olive and Bee. It’s natural with only olive oil and bees wax as ingredients.
I have fissure and piles, and usually bleed one to two times a week. But not since Ive started using Olive and Bee before I got to bed every night. I use it too for my virginal atrophy.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2021, 10:40:15 AM »

honey is healing, hospitals are using more often to put onto long-term ulcers etc..

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 01:21:54 PM »

Any improvements?