Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How I feel today....  (Read 2654 times)

Primrose

How I feel today....
« on: December 26, 2021, 12:15:57 PM »

Please could you help me feel more in control of my menopause symptoms. I think I need to touch base and confirm I am not going mad.

I take Evorel Sequi.  I am 53 and I currently  going crazy with following symptoms:

Dry dry dry....

Eyes
Inside Ears
Inside Nose
Skin
Scalp
Inside mouth and down throat...burning mouth.

Itchy, itchy itchy ...mainly scalp which is itchy, burning and crawling...

****ly itch like being stabbed with a pin, itching sporadically anywhere and everywhere.

I cannot sleep.

Terrible anxiety - constantly worried about being itchy.

Sore hips so painful.

Terribly cyclical breast pain, not had this in months but coincides with being itchy and low. The kind of pain you get before a period but so swollen and heavy for at least 2 weeks out of four.

I am so so fed up, just so tired of feeling uncomfortable....the ****ly each is horrendous.

I usually feel better when I post as I realise I am not alone.

Thank you all so much  ;)

mandss

Re: How I feel today....
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 12:21:47 PM »

You poor thing, I have found that a double dose of a good quality evening primrose realing helped with my dryness, inside and out. Anti histamine are good for helping to ease the itching. Staying hydrated will help. I feel for you as I am in a similar situation at times, but the thing I have mentioned do help. Let me know how you get on x

Primrose

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 01:08:31 PM »

Ooooh thank you so much for replying so quickly.

I have just popped an antihistamine.  I have found my Evening Primrose still in date and started these and I have asked my partner to prompt me to drink water at least 6-7 glasses a day.

I will let you know how I get on x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 02:10:45 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out.  Skin, deep in the ears, eyes, scalp, vagina, anus, between the toes.  I have allergic rhinitis, often I wake with tongue scratching roof of mouth!  The dimple in my chin itches today, a sure sign that I'm reacting to something in the house.  Usually dust mite!  Bugga .........

A good moisturiser applied often can help, we use 'Nivea' in this house.  Stop using conditioner in the laundry, if your machine rinses and spins correctly, it won't remain in the clothing anyway so is a waste of money ;-).  Hang laundry outside, weather permitting, let it blow . 

Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads.  Make notes.  4warned etc..

Anti-histamine can help ease sleep.  I've resorted to 'beconase' for my nose  >:( in order to get some relief.  Drinking that amount of water won't help as the body will rid itself of any extra.  Check the colour of your urine, too light and you are drinking too much.

Primrose

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 03:10:54 PM »

Thank you x I really appreciate your reply x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 03:33:14 PM »

Also as oestrogen levels drop, muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Have u got any over the counter pain relief?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 10:04:33 AM »

Hello Primrose. I have the terrible itching you describe. I take two different antihistamines. Desloratadine in the evening and Cetirizine in the morning. For dry eyes I find Hycosan Extra eye drops are really good.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 11:30:24 AM »

MayB consider oestrogen ?  My itchiness began on my insteps when I took my socks off B4 stepping into the bath, also would wake with heels rubbing the opposite instep!