Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: VA returned!!  (Read 906 times)

Mars62

VA returned!!
« on: August 13, 2021, 11:58:19 AM »

I’m 8 years post meno and after a lot of trial and error at the start finally found a HRT that suited me (Femeston continue) suffered a bit from dryness and was prescribed Vagifem this was about 4 years ago, the vagifem cleared it up and I have been absolutely fine for the last few years, using the Vagifem every 3rd day.
For the last few weeks the dryness has returned, nipping feeling in my bladder and a bit red and sore >:(it doesn’t feel like a UTI as there’s no burning when peeing or any pain. I’m 90% sure it’s not a UTI. I’ve decided to do the loading dose of Vagifem again and have used it every day for the last 12 days, there’s been a little improvement but still feel a bit uncomfortable.
Should I carry on using it everyday until hopefully the symptoms subside?
So annoying because everything was going so well regarding the VA.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: VA returned!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 11:59:56 AM »

It is annoying.  Sometimes a double dose occaionslally might relieve symptoms.  Continue nightly until you feel comfortable.

When I get the nipping at the end of a pee as the spinster closes, I take 'nurofen' - 2 capsules 3 times a day.  Relaxes the bladder and eases feelings.

It really should be used for Life. 

Mars62

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 12:58:51 PM »

Thanks CLKD. Just going to use the Vagifem daily for another few days and see how I feel,if no better then will have to go to the doctors, it’s only phone appointments at the moment and hard to get one.
Did anyone notice if their VA or meno symptoms returned after having the covid vaccine? I got my 2nd dose a few weeks ago and have been fine apart from this. I have heard some women have had period irregularities after it and wondered if it could be connected. I’m probably clutching at straws but am trying to figure out a reason as to why it’s returned when I’ve had no symptoms for the last few years.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 05:16:58 PM »

It is more likely to be the lack of oestrogen replacement than relative to the vaccine program.  There have been reports world wide that women got periods that they weren't expecting, but that was within days of the injections.

Get an extra dose up there this evening: one now-ish and the 2nd at bed time, plus pain relieve until tomorrow evening.  Once the vagina benefits from the 'vagifem' and tissues plump up, the dryness/itchy ongoing bladder feelings should ease.

It can take a few months if the tissues are very dry.