Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Questions about evorel sequi patches I’m on  (Read 1147 times)

Obobal

Questions about evorel sequi patches I’m on
« on: August 13, 2021, 03:27:20 PM »

I have two questions relating to the evorel sequi patches. I’m 46 and still with regularish periods.

First my period came early and more clotty than usual and I still have two evorel conti patches to use up in this pack. Do I continue with them despite the fact the patches won’t match up with my natural cycle? Won’t that set everything off a bit odd? Or do I emulate my natural cycle by starting the esteogen only patch at next change?

Secondly - I’m on my third month of the patches. The first two months were amazing for reducing symptoms (albeit more painful but lighter periods) but this past month I noticed much milder but still very much there symptoms returning including my ovulation rage (1-2days), incessant peeing again (I can’t go an hour without needing to pee), stiffness returning in hands and knees, insomnia and of course my heavy clotty but less painful than the previous two months period.  Is it likely my body has got used to this dose so soon and my natural hormones are just too strong? could it be the last two months we’re just a fluke? Could I perhaps need a stronger dose?

I can’t get a GP appointment to discuss this for three weeks and the pharmacist can answer these kinds of questions.

Thanks!

Michelle7474

Re: Questions about evorel sequi patches I’m on
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 04:24:25 PM »

Hi Obobal

I was having periods whilst I was on Conti patch .. usually the first Conti patch to be honest and was told to carry on the sequence of patches

I also had a return of symptoms but it does say give the 3 months for things to kick in and settle

I came off HRT as for me it didn’t seem to work as maybe I was too soon going on it .. but there are other things you can try

I started on everol 50 but since been told that coulda been to high for me to start on and maybe I Shoulda started on 25

But we all have different fluctuating hormones and what works for one doesn’t for others

Good luck xx

Obobal

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 07:02:41 PM »

Thanks Michelle
I’m definitely better on the HRT than off. Usually my period comes between the last two patches but it came before this time.

I just hate to think with fluctuations I’ll end up having the wrong hormones at the wrong time in my cycle, essentially not having progesterone in the latter half.

I’m only on 25s at the moment and maybe I need more I’m not going back to preHRT I refuse to live like that again , my GP is most unhelpful but I took the first appointment I can get which is three weeks away.  I guess I’m just anxious I’m cocking it all up with my rampant natural hormones as usual. (The pill didn’t work at all for me and I’ve two kids to show for it)

Michelle7474

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 07:36:30 PM »

Hi again
I’m glad the hrt works for you & maybe yes you might need higher patch
I was started off high when maybe I shoulda been started off lower like yourself ..infact I know I shoulda but too late now lol 

I understand what your saying as I thought same when my periods was coming before they was meant too
My GP called it erratic bleeding which I thought was a bit extreme lol

Do what you think is right as only you know your body
Could be your own hormones underneath fluctuating
Not many GPS are clued up with peri/menopause and half the time they ain’t interested

Good luck :)