News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Vets  (Read 7429 times)

jaycee

Re: Vets
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2021, 11:27:05 AM »

I know our vets will sometimes put pets to sleep on a saturday afternoon when they are usually closed, but other times they take them inside and owners have to wait outside which is very upsetting,
I don't understand either when they have ppe, but they only wear a mask outside no other protection

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2021, 11:33:27 AM »

Ours was like this until lockdown ended. We can now accompany our pets. One person per pet. We still wear masks in the building and social distance in the waiting room. Only two clients to wait inside at any one time. I think you should query why things haven't returned to normal.

I had to have my beloved boy put to sleep while I waited outside which is why I think it's been so much harder to cope with losing him when I've lost many others over the years but have always been there at the end. Really, though, he'd had a vets appointment every two weeks for the last 18 months of his life so to him it was just another routine trip I think.

Taz x

jaypo

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2021, 12:11:24 PM »

Oh Taz,that's awful  :'(
My little King Charles was put to sleep at home,waiting for the vet was the worst day EVER but we fed her ham and cheese and all the things she loved❤️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2021, 12:49:52 PM »

Yep - our cat had been on a restricted 'special' diet due to crystals in his urine, once I had called the Vet 2 attend, he had lots of his fav. meat.  He looked at the bowl in amazement as if "May I?" it took a while 4 me 2 get the happier memories  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2021, 01:17:44 PM »

Yes,me too,think I cried for 3 months  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2021, 01:21:54 PM »

I would have hated not being present  :-\ .  I was speaking to a friend last night, 3 weeks ago her cat was pts in the back of her car in the pet carrier.  Vet came out with the syringe - no need to remove puss, a gentle send off  :-*.   She hadn't been able to tell me until now.

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2021, 01:27:12 PM »

I'm taking the chihuahua to the vet tomorrow,she doesn't seem herself,keeps lying down everywhere,she's eating etc and plays for a while but definitely lying down more

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2021, 01:29:04 PM »

Such a worry.  I smell expensive tests ............. however, a gentle exam as well as perhaps an X-ray of her spine might show if she's got arthritic problems?  Poos within normal limits?

jaypo

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2021, 01:33:02 PM »

Yes,everything fine,just this lying down or panting when it's now even hot,she's been spayed but could she still have a phantom pregnancy? I had a dog who got leukaemia when she was 3 and that's in my mind

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »

No to the phantom pregnancy.  Usually the bitch will take bedding, toys, rugs into the basket and guard them.  Pyometra - when lining remains behind causing womb infection, is the danger in bitches. 

Is she overweight?  That can cause a longer recovery period in hot weather, in that they pant to cool down a lot more.  Does she seek the cool tiles ?  Is this a similar symptom to your other dog? 

Could be painful joints so it's easier to lay down.  Does she eat laying down, our friend's pooch does. 

C.C.

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2021, 01:43:26 PM »

We are taking our dog for his first Canadian vet visit tomorrow and I'm thinking it'll be the same, we can't go in the clinic with him.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2021, 01:44:39 PM »

8). ............  is he due anything or a general check up to make sure that he is what you were told?  Does he snore  ;D

C.C.

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2021, 01:52:03 PM »

He's getting bloodwork and fecal, and he is being treated for a tick-borne disease with Doxycycline for a month (will get tested again), he has mange and will be getting treatment for that.  Poor guy is scratching and biting all over when he's awake. He has patches of bare skin on his legs and his butt.

And no, he doesn't snore lol.  Our other Golden really snored. ;D

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2021, 02:25:37 PM »

Mange - fox or .......... my dog had specific baths against fox mange she smelt like a creosoted fence on her return.  If they suggest baths, make sure that they do them !! otherwise it gets everywhere  ;D.  A steroid injection will ease any ithyness until the mange treatment solves the problem.  Does he have ticks?  Mine used to get them when we holidayed in the Lake District: off sheep and/or deer : they are related to spiders  :o so I got to recognise them in their black small critter shape, B4 they took a bite which caused them to swell .........  :-X  ;D. She was blonde though, it was easier and brought out the Hunter-gatherer in me  :D

jaypo

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2021, 05:20:26 PM »

She is a bit overweight and yes,my other dog became suddenly lethargic,so needless to say it's always on my mind  :'(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5