Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Am I going to have a period??  (Read 1881 times)

UnnyLove

• First Flush
Am I going to have a period??
« on: July 14, 2021, 09:37:40 PM »

Hi,
I'm nearly 54, saw my last period about three years ago. I've never had any HRT because A. I'm too scared, and B. My symptoms have been manageable so far; poor memory, regular hot flashes day and night and various aches and pains.
About a month ago I started to notice a sticky clear discharge and what I can only describe as a mild ovulation discomfort like the old days, also my nipples became tender. A few weeks later my breasts became heavy and tender/painful - again - just like the old days and a week ago my hot flashes stopped. Completely. Last Wednesday I slept like a log for the first time since the whole peri/menopause debacle began. I have every physical symptom of getting ready for a period. Is this likely after having no periods for perhaps three years? I'm freaking out a bit because I cannot find anything on Dr Google (I know, bad idea) relating to this. Currently I'm blaming everything from my recent second Astrazeneca jab to various types of cancer.

Cassie

Re: Am I going to have a period??
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 09:40:11 PM »

I speak under correction, but I did read something I think on this forum that someone had a bleed after their vaccination? Perhaps look in the search box.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 09:54:17 PM »

Hi Unnylove. Cassie is right that changes to periods have been reported as a Covid 19 vaccination side effect and some post menopausal women have experienced a bleed.

Sometimes a hormonal blip can occur and cause a period post meno. It does sound as if this might be causing your symptoms especially the hot flushes disappearing but if you do have a period then it's very important that you get it checked out by your GP.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Tawny66

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 08:40:28 AM »

Hi Unnylove

I've just searched "clear discharge" and came across your post and thought I was reading my post  ;D

I'm 55 and only 3mths without a period and like you not wanting HRT partly because my symptoms are manageable. Only started hot flushes a few mths ago but the last 2wks I've not had any but have this clear discharge which I thought was my usual sign of Ovulation and now expecting a period !! Strangely though I have increased my Evening Primrose oil and changed to Decaf coffee so I dont know if this is why flushes have stopped . I think the discharge is normal as long as its clear and not smelly