Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anti depressants???  (Read 1526 times)

Mo11

• First Flush
Anti depressants???
« on: August 14, 2021, 10:11:02 AM »

My doctor has prescribed happy pills, my anxiety and sadness is menopause and hormonal related, really don't want these to hide the problem,would prefer something more natural,tried for 4 days felt deal like I was outside my body looking in,hard to describe but on!y way I can,have stopped these.....

Perinowpost

Re: Anti depressants???
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 10:29:16 AM »

Your doctor should not be pushing anti depressants if your issue is menopause/hormonal related. Go back and request hrt (if you’re open to it). If you have any problems you can always quote the NICE guidelines or print them off which advocate hrt as first line treatment for your symptoms. Let us know how you get on x

EllaAurora

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 12:35:59 PM »

Hi Mo11,
welcome to the forum -you've come to the right place for support and advice! I've found this place very helpful over the past months.
Are you on HRT or only got the ADs?

Take care and let us know how you get on! xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 12:39:56 PM »

What has your GP prescribed?  Was there discussion about hormonal upheaval or did you present in surgery depressed?  If the latter the GP wouldn't have any reason to think outside the box: your age, medical history etc.: to consider HRT.

MayB keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress, something to talk to your GP with.  Some find that they require HRT as well as ADs. 

Let us know how you get on?

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 01:54:42 PM »

I agree ADs are not appropriate treatment for symptoms caused by oestrogen deficiency. You should have been offered hrt instead.

Mo11

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 08:18:44 AM »

Thanks for your suggestions I also have endometriosis which prevents HRT,not taking anti depressants,giving red clover a go and the help from fellow lady sufferers which believe me helps xxx