Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Headaches nausea and dizziness  (Read 4671 times)

nutbutter

Re: Headaches nausea and dizziness
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2021, 11:24:53 AM »

Ha. You sure are knowledgeable Wrinsong.  Now I know what PM means.

I will document everything as you suggest.  Just as you mentioned that, I forgot to say that I have TMJ  problems (jaw tension).  Had it for years but pretty sore of late.  Probably the stress of all these new symptoms emerging!!

I'll get my posts up to 10 and I'd appreciate the PM.

Wrensong

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2021, 08:43:27 PM »

OK, TMJ disorder, sorry you have that to contend with too.  You'll know it can cause headaches, I'm sure, but has anyone mentioned dizziness in relation to it?  Couple of links attached in case that helps throw any more light.

https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/patient-guide/leaflets/files/110407temporomandibular.pdf

https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/patient-guide/leaflets/files/12128Ptmj.pdf

nutbutter

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2021, 10:13:58 AM »

thanks again.  Will read those.

I spoke to a neighbour who's also a retired GP albeit in America.  I'm in Scotland of course.

She thought a referral to neurology was in order cos of the 3 main symptoms - nausea, headaches and dizziness.

She's not rulling out hormones though.

She mentioned Vitamin B12 and B complex vitamins.  Have you tried any of those?

Wrensong

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2021, 10:36:34 AM »

Yes, that's why I mentioned Neurology as potentially helpful, especially given your migraine history & the query over vestibular migraine.  Yes, I take Vit B12, on advice of my Endocrinologist & get levels tested.

nutbutter

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2021, 04:33:57 PM »

My apologies Wrensong.  I'd forgotten the link with migraine/vestibular/neurology. 

I take it you feel an improvement in your symptoms with the B12?  Sorry, I don't know all your symptoms but can I assume they are in part similar to mine?

I feel like I'm going for an interview with the Doctor each time I have an appointment.  You have 10 mins to make the correct noises to get them to send you on the right path, and not another dead end!

I'ts tomorrow morning for that, so I'll update when I finish.

Thanks for now.

Wrensong

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2021, 07:36:56 PM »

The B12 was advised long before the vestibular migraine symptoms started, so I don't think it's had any bearing on those.

I'll send you a PM with detailed symptoms & history.  Sorry, can't see whether you're up to 10 posts yet while writing this, but you must be close.  If you want to see the PM sooner rather than later, make your posts up to 10 then go to the "my messages" section.

I feel like I'm going for an interview with the Doctor each time I have an appointment.  You have 10 mins to make the correct noises to get them to send you on the right path, and not another dead end!
    You have my sympathies.  All I can say is have your crib notes in front of you ready for when they ring & make sure you get your priority comments/questions across early.

I hope it goes well.
Wx

nutbutter

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2021, 08:01:13 AM »

Morning Wrensong.

I'm just checking you got my PM reply from last night.  I can't see my reply in the sent section of PMs - though I'm still getting used to the site.

Wrensong

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2021, 09:57:16 AM »

Morning nutbutter.   Yes, got your 2 messages this morning, thank you & have just replied.  Yes, it can take a while to get the hang of the messaging facility.  If you click on "My Messages", then point at the "messages" tab, then down to "sent" & click on it, it should bring up a list of messages you've sent.  At least that's how it works on my laptop.
Wx

nutbutter

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2021, 10:48:23 AM »

OK Wrensong.

I'm not too good at this tecno stuff.  I sent you a PM reply and was timed out so lost it.  I typed it again there in short form and sent it but don't see that its gone.  Sorry but don't see it in my sent box as you instructed - though it may well have gone.  My apologies for this.

I hope you get it.

Nutbutter.

Wrensong

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2021, 03:41:35 PM »

Hello nutbutter, yes I did get today's message, thank you.  In case you don't get my reply, I really hope it all goes well for you.
Wx
Pages: 1 [2]