Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Night sweats  (Read 2263 times)

Dierdre

Night sweats
« on: August 22, 2021, 03:31:16 PM »

Waking up every night for a few weeks now wet through with sweat on my chest and back of my neck, hair wet in neck. I never had this during menopause and I'm 11 years post menopause so baffled why this has started now.  Im only on vagifem and ovestin for VA. Any ideas anyone please, could another health issue be causing this?

Aprilflower

Re: Night sweats
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 05:05:28 PM »

Are you stressed about anything or started a new medication.  Both things could cause night sweats.

Check it out with your GP just incase you have an infection lurking.  Urinary infections can sometimes hide away with few symptoms.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 06:50:53 PM »

I don't think it matters how many years post meno you are,if there's a shift in hormones,they can cause night sweats,maybe just ask the Dr though,to put your mind at rest

Baz

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 09:33:34 PM »

I'm having the same, coped with the sweats since 2009, had herbal tablets, no sweats all these years, then end of last year it started and got worse, was told the my estrogen has declined, so I'm on patches, hopefully will help and the joints, was on vagifem but didnt do much, im using estradiol cream, seems ok.

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 09:53:06 PM »

I am stressed at the moment Aprilflower, having house refurbished and i hate change, also broke my wrist 3 weeks ago, fell moving furniture and in plaster for another 3 weeks, cant drive so having to rely on others which is frustrating..
Also as I've not been siting all day at work and getting sore I was able to reduced my vagifem a couple a week, i know its not systemic but the  small amount that is may have made the difference in my hormones Jaypo.
Work should be completed by next week and I'll increase my vagifem to 5 a week and hopefully that will help.
Dont want to go back on patches Baz, so hope its will settle.
 Thanks for your help.