Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is peri really this bad?  (Read 2142 times)

jaypo

Re: Is peri really this bad?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2021, 02:07:21 PM »

That's ok,no need to apologise,flushes come in all shapes and sizes,mine used to come after a rush of adrenaline which can really freak you out,as it did me,plus anxiety on top and you can feel pretty awful. Some women get 50 flushes a day,some only a few,night sweats are something else to be aware of,mine start with a burning sensation,either in my abdomen or lower back,it's all par for the course. Have you eaten ? The shakes can be your body needing sugar

Mummytron

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2021, 02:32:02 PM »

I get shaky and weak like a sugar drop, perhaps I'll need to check if there's a pattern. I'm off work at the moment as I work in a school but I honestly can't see me being able to work like this. It's so horrible.

Mummytron

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2021, 02:45:58 PM »

I'm having night sweats I think, I wake up and if I'm not already hot it comes on soon after. Normally by the time I'm back after a wee! I'm so scared about these hot feelings. Can't see how women function.

Gynaikeíos

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2021, 03:58:25 PM »

Are you eating well enough to convalesce (thank you predictive text!) after your UTI, Mummytron?
Signals between hunger and anxiety get muddled, so make a fuss of yourself,,, something nice you find to be a comfort food? Chicken soup? Porridge for steady release energy, maybe?

Oh, and complain away, loonarider. It sounds too much not to say something about it.

Michelle7474

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2021, 04:15:13 PM »

I never had flushes as much .. but it was like someone turned on my internal heating .. I would get red hot and face stayed hot for ages
Can he very scary when they first happen infact that set off my first aniexty episode at work
The heat was intense & I panicked ( never used to panick ) this day I did
Which obviously made me go into a aniexty episode ( wasn’t aware this was aniexty ) i didn’t know what it was
My BP & Heart rate went sky high as worked in care home they had checked it and called for ambulance as I’ve never been like that before

All checks and bloods done and they asked do I have aniexty attacks to which I was like no what’s one of those and they  told me what I had experienced was one

Now I get them without heat lol it’s like my body always went into panic mode and they come nilly Willy and often starts as a hungry feeling , strange  old thing I’ll never understand them

I still get hot episodes but I control them better now :)

Us women go through a lot xx

Mogster71

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2021, 04:24:05 PM »

You poor thing, it sounds like you're really suffering.
I have been pretty lucky in terms of flushing (never really had them) but it is my understanding that the vasomotor symptoms are one of the first things that improve with HRT.

Peri really is a sh*t time...you have my complete sympathy. Even though I didn't get flushes I had nausea, daily (and I mean, daily ALL DAY) headaches, dizziness, "fizzy" head, the works. I was sick of feeling rough most days and not wanting to plan anything because I didn't know how I'd feel. Its only now looking back that I remember how much I cried!! And swore haha. I also get that "weak" feeling and I do believe it is hormonal. A bit like how you'd feel if you need to eat something as it's been too long.

I'm not saying its a magic bullet but HRT has really helped me. It did take me several attempts to find the one thing, but this works for now and I'll do what it takes to get through it. What also helped me is understanding that these ruddy hormones can make you feel pretty ropey but it will pass. Not wishing to trivialise what you're going through in the slightest, but sometimes understanding whats causing the panic or symptom, can make it easier to cope with.

Try again with your GP, if you can find an understanding one at the practice then all the better... or have a chat with the practice manager to see if there's any one of them which have a better knowledge of female health.
I truly hope you feel a little brighter soon and remember we are all here x

Mummytron

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2021, 05:10:53 PM »

Thank you all so much. I am struggling at the moment as I just don't get any peace from it. I will take on board everything, look after myself a bit better (impatient) and try again with the gp.

jaypo

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2021, 05:30:15 PM »

Ask at your surgery if they have anyone that's menopause savvy,it does all sound familiar,so please try not to worry too much,your flushes are being triggered by cortisol,you should really ask about HRT

Michelle7474

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2021, 05:48:22 PM »

How are you feeling now mummy
I hope you have had better days
I hate reading us women are suffering
I hope you find something that helps you.. peri is awful and I’m only at the beginning … maybe because I get it all at beginning by this time next year I’ll be grand 😂😂 positive thinking me

Take care and let us know how you get on . This site is great , someone always comes along and offers advice and the fact that someone is reading and replying always helps a little
I rant away me lol
I get sick of myself ranting so others around me must too .. that’s why this site is great .. we all have this same thing in common and I presume we would all like to come back as men lol

Xxx

Gynaikeíos

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2021, 07:38:34 PM »

Weeeeeeeelllll, I for one would like to come back as a giraffe 🦒   ;D
Excellent size. Beautiful eyes. Deadly kick. No menopause.

I am learning all the time! Cortisol is making us hot and bothered physically? Does it upset mood and emotional life Metaphorically?
Our brains are layered, so where is Cortisol released from? How does it affect our feelings as it travels through our brains? Does it occur in our guts?

How did your talk with your GP result, Mummytron?

jaypo

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2021, 07:34:09 AM »

Cortisol is known as the stress hormone.......need I say more  :o

Chrissyjo

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2021, 09:06:54 AM »

Hello yes my flushes are just as bad as yours, I feel weak and shaken up too. Plus I get heart palpitations. I can have them all day sometimes.
The more you stress the more flushes you will have.
I had a nasty one at the chemist today as there was lots of people around and the heaters were pumping. Nightmare  :o
I prefer being alone these days and I can easier relax through the flush by myself
Just try and breath through it and stay calm or it will keep going

Mummytron

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2021, 06:29:53 PM »

Hi all,
Thanks all for keeping an eye on me, it's such a lovely, supportive site.
I haven't spoken to the GP yet, I'm thinking of waiting until the school holidays are over. Making up for not feeling up to much for the first part and getting a few days away with the kiddies. My husband is amazing and trying all he can to make things easy, I know I'm very lucky and tomorrow we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary!
I will definitely check back on everyone too.
X

Michelle7474

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2021, 06:51:48 PM »

Hi all,
Thanks all for keeping an eye on me, it's such a lovely, supportive site.
I haven't spoken to the GP yet, I'm thinking of waiting until the school holidays are over. Making up for not feeling up to much for the first part and getting a few days away with the kiddies. My husband is amazing and trying all he can to make things easy, I know I'm very lucky and tomorrow we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary!
I will definitely check back on everyone too.
X
Happy wedding Anniversary for tomorrow ❤️ It’s good to have a good understanding husband
Mine listens, don’t understand it much as as I don’t
But he will always do his Best to make me feel better
We have been together 25 years ..

Have a great time away & try relax .. easier said than done most times but enjoy xxx

jaypo

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2021, 07:44:01 PM »

Happy anniversary  :)
Pages: 1 [2]