Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Irregular cycle- peri-have HRT sitting here waiting but period still hasn't come  (Read 724 times)

starburst

Hi all

I was prescribed Estrodot and Urestrogen by Newson Health clinic, as I'm in peri meno at 47.
She said to start the HRT on the first day of my period, so estrodot first and the the progesterone for the last 14 days or something, but weeks later, i still haven't got my period.

The last two lots have been 70 day cycles, so i might be waiting and waiting.
The thing is, i have a followup appt booked for 3 mths after my first appt, and I am worried that I will have hardly had a chance to try the HRT if I have to wait and wait for my period, before the next doctors appt comes along, wasting another £275!

Can I just start on it anyway, or it that a silly idea?

Peri-wrecked

Hi, can you ring the clinic and explain and ask what you should do? They can push out your appointment accordingly.

Shannonplussed

What if you started the progesterone part now, which would trigger a bleed after it stops (progesterone withdrawal bleed), and hopefully reset things?

starburst

Hi, can you ring the clinic and explain and ask what you should do? They can push out your appointment accordingly.

I suppose i could do that- you get 2 free email questions, after which you have to pay £30 extra per enquiry.
I haven't asked anything yet, but I suppose I was worried that once i start it, if I run into issues, I might need those questions up my sleeve!

Taz2

If you have irregular periods then you can start the Estradot at any time. It should say this in the info leaflet. I hope it works well for you.

Taz x  :)