Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Been on HRT for a year and now feeling worse again....  (Read 726 times)

Emm225

Been on HRT for a year and now feeling worse again....
« on: August 10, 2021, 10:45:19 AM »

I have been on HRT...patch estrodot 25 ...although pharmacist has told me a problem with supply at moment:-(  ...and utrogeston 100 mg plus estradial 10 micro 2x week.  Lately I have been feeling like I felt prior to HRT both physically and mentally.  Very flat , down, sore, no sexual energy or interest at all whatsoever , hair seems to be falling out and getting thin, anxious, catrastophysing , finding it difficult on a motorway (so fast and can't judge I feel) Also am worried getting altzeimers....can't remember words etc or places and my brain is whirring all the time, can't concentrate on a programme even as brain is on go fast all the time....thinking, must remember to do this, have I done that, what if this happens...etc

I did go to the doctor , particularly as I was so sore, and explained but she basically didn't really want to listen I felt (young lady locum...so difficult to get in at our doctors I took what I could) She just said " Well you could up your HRT"  then added, Can I just say, I hope you don't mind, I don't think that's a good idea.  We put people on HRT only if they really need it, I encouraged my mum to go on it, although a higher dose than yours, and she now has a lump in her breast.  It IS a risk, really it is." I understand why she said this in view of her mum's case but it wasn't really a considered medical or dispassionate diagnosis.

I don't know what to do, I feel I am falling apart inside and out...people don't know because I put a good face on it, but I am at my wits end at times.  Husband is a big help though which is a plus.  I don't know if I should go private, I did ask to be referred to the Menopause NHS clinic at our local hospital but was told that's only for difficult cases, and I am not one of them

Nas

Re: Been on HRT for a year and now feeling worse again....
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 11:06:28 AM »

Hi,
It sounds as though your HRT needs increasing. 25mg is a very low dose, maybe up to 50 now?

Ask to see a different Gp. Seriously those comments from the locum are both inappropriate and irrelevant to your situation. Ask for your patch to be increased to 50mg in the first instance and for Ovestin cream. It’s ace for keeping things plump and hydrated down there. Also vagifem weekly isn’t enough for me I find.  I need it everyday!

From what you have described, you have many menopause symptoms appearing again. You definitely need to increase your dose I would say.

Best of luck
Xx

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 11:10:19 AM »

I would up to a 50 patch that’s only an average dose anyway, your GP really shouldn’t be scaremongering. Yet another out of touch doctor! Who knows the history of her mother, to put it into perspective being overweight or drinking regularly carry more risk of breast cancer than hrt. Your symptoms sound like low oestrogen, What price quality of life I say x

Emm225

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 11:29:52 AM »

My GP has never suggested a cream.  Sometimes I am so sore I can barely bear jeans on !  I feel so rubbish at the moment, it's awful.

Nas

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 12:21:33 PM »

The cream is Ovestin oestrogen. You can insert it with an applicator or use it externally. Yes moisturiser is very good also and is available on prescription.

50 is an average dose anyway. Provably what has happened is your own levels have been falling over the year which is why your symptoms are back.