Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New here  (Read 1341 times)

Ju

New here
« on: August 09, 2021, 02:13:19 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm new on here and just want to talk to others about what we have to go through.... I insisted after going to 3 different drs that I wanted to go on hrt...and it has helped me but I still have awful crap days. I only have one other friend who is going through the same as me, but she's near the end of hers and I have just started...I have had loads of symptoms, but when I reach out to so called friends, they just don't reply back, let alone anything else...so that has made me feel worse about myself. They are not going through this yet, so just have no idea what I am going through... Its been like this now for 2 years and of course lockdowns and covid hasn't helped matters either... I get really tired, and low moods. I have been taken menopause vitamins too but I found out that there's not enough magnesium, calcium or vit b12 which is essential to our bodies.... So I'm going to try taking more of it after finding out this... Why is it, we have to go through all this and drs do not advise us on what we should do. And drinking more water through out the day too...I thought I was drinking enough, but we need to drink 8 mugs of water apparently and teas and coffees don't count....if we don't drink enough water, we can get headaches and I have been experiencing that too....the worse thought for me was I honestly thought I was developing Alzheimer's, just like Davina McCall has been talking about. Like her, I feel so alone in dealing and living with this. So I hope being on here with you lovely people, can help us all...I hate the total lack of understanding and support when we need it the most... Hope you all, are having a good day today :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

jaypo

Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 05:27:14 PM »

Hi Ju and welcome to the forum,you certainly won't be alone here,ask pretty much anything you want,no topic taboo

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 06:23:07 PM »

Hi Ju. Welcome from me too.

Taz  :welcomemm:

Ju

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 06:36:11 PM »

Thank you very much, it's good to know  :thankyou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 07:51:28 PM »

Hi Ju - any liquids count.  Tea, coffee, milk on cereal, liquids obtained from stews, soups; plus water, I drink Coca Cola and fizzy bottled water, plus bk tea, 2 sugars. 

Headaches can certainly be due to dehydration.  As well as other issues. 

It was the bottle companies that pushed for 2 litres of water per day.  What colour is your urine?  It will be darker and mayB smelly in the morning and as we hydrate during the day, should be no lighter than straw coloured.  I had a pee one afternoon which was clear: I had eaten half a melon 2 hours previously.

Peri-menopause may begin 10+ years prior to the last period: menopause : with all kinds of weird symptoms  >:(.  Some find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary is useful to chart progress.

Browse round.   Make notes  :welcomemm:

VictoryV

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 10:21:35 PM »

Hi Ju,
Welcome, I’m new too and am reading and reading to try and understand what’s going on and the best way forward. I feel like I will cope, before finding here I wasn’t sure at all.
CDLK said knowledge is strength and she’s right. Tonight I’m sweaty, grumpy, banging headache and sore boobs BUT the dreadful anxiety has lifted. Tomorrow will be better.
Keep reading.
Victoria.x