Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: COVID  (Read 3862 times)

littleminnie

Re: COVID
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2021, 06:18:13 PM »

That at the beginning I didn’t know anyone who had it and now I know 5 all at once!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2021, 06:41:13 PM »

R U in face2face contact with any of them?  The people that I avoid are those who mention 'sick', which is why I intend to continue with my 😷 LOL.  I don't mix with enough people to know of any1 who might/not have been infected, other than the neighbours. 

We never know who is walking around with seasonal 'flu do we?  Until they announce that they have "been ill with 'flu but continued in work"  >:(. MayB this virus will encourage people with colds etc. to STAY AT HOME .........

littleminnie

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2021, 07:25:15 PM »

I work with one of them.  That’s the problem, people have to work and so it will spread.   

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2021, 08:30:54 AM »

What precautions R U able to take at work?  Have you been jabbed?

littleminnie

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2021, 12:36:05 PM »

Yes double jabbed.  Mask on when walking about. Plenty of gel and hand washing.  Can’t do much more really.

C.C.

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2021, 01:04:18 PM »

I have yet to meet someone that has had covid, I'm sure that will happen sooner than later :-\

Speaking of non-vaxxers, one of dh's brother's and his wife are refusing to get vaccinated.  During the pandemic they've been emailing links to everyone in the family information about why the vaccine is dangerous and we've been duped by the government to take it...blah blah blah.  Their 3 adult kids are all vaccinated, after having some difficult discussions. They all live out of the house, except the oldest who has been home from London since the spring and plans to fly back mid-September.

The big concern now is the kids going back to school in the midst of the rising Delta variant case numbers. Only ages 12+ are able to get jabbed and that's fine for high school.  That leaves the primary and elementary school kids vulnerable. And, it's not mandatory for the teachers to be vaccinated. ::)  The government announced plans for school re-opening but most are pretty upset that it is not going to be enough.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2021, 01:37:03 PM »

Young children either get it very badly or hardly notice symptoms  ::)

There's a bit in the News today about using a magnet 'to find the microchip which was inserted with the jab.'  - well microchips don't react to magnets  ;D

What R these people 'on'?  They should stay at home and keep Big Job Shut ?

Ju Ju

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2021, 08:08:07 AM »

Received a text supposedly from the NHS saying I had been in contact with someone with Covid and should click on a link for a PCR test. As I have only been in contact with family in the last few days, the wording didn’t look right, the time it was sent and the link suspicious, I didn’t do anything. Checked with my daughter, who immediately said scam. Have reported to phishing.gov.uk. So beware.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2021, 09:17:51 AM »

I don't have a 'phone that does apps.  I would never have signed up for this particular app either.

Good that you are able to report it.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2021, 09:35:02 AM »

One of the bigger providers of Covid PCR test kits has responded after images of overflowing drop boxes were shared online.

The firm, Randox, said it was increasing the number of drop boxes and the frequency of box collections.

The move comes after people posted pictures of returned test kits piled high on top of drop boxes in Sutton and Hampstead over the weekend.  One MP said the "pointless" tests were "becoming a bad joke".

At least one PCR test is required for all arrivals from international destinations within two days of landing in the UK.

Those returning from green listed countries, or who are fully vaccinated and returning from amber list countries, are required to take only one.

However, those not fully vaccinated from amber list destinations must take at least two tests, one on day two and one on day eight.

Ju Ju

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2021, 04:44:11 PM »

Don’t have to do the day 8 test now, but have to test 2 days before leaving. I know cos son and family live in the USA and are here. Over 5s had to be tested, which was stressful and 3 year old will have to be tested to go home. It’s expensive too.

By the way, I never had the track and trace app. The text I got didn’t look right and I am suspicious of strange texts and emails. A random phone number, sent at 11 at night, no mention of track and trace and the link looked suspicious. But it did bother me when I first read it, until common sense reigned.

If the emails in my junk mail were true, I would be very, very rich!

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2021, 08:16:27 PM »

Not that Nigerian Ju Ju .........  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]