Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unexpected bleed following vaccine  (Read 4518 times)

Iris67

Re: Unexpected bleed following vaccine
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2021, 10:18:47 AM »

Absolutely CLKD. Ha! Book - yes  ;D Sorry for the rant - I've had 5 surgeries and a lot of experience with health professionals both good and bad, combine that with medical law knowledge and I have quite the soapbox. When you choose your own treatment and you're told you have a "death wish" by a consultant professor you do start questioning. And that's the thing - question, no need for rebellion as such...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2021, 11:25:05 AM »

Whereas I am rebellious and reactionary  ;D

Iris67

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 12:53:41 PM »

Oh gosh - I'm a bit late to the party by the sounds of things. Such a shame you feel silenced Avalon. Someone said to me once 'be discerning when it comes to doctors'. I have always questioned the prevailing narrative - I used to rebel for the sake of it (shouty dominant father?) but I realise there is a balance to be had.

I had an aggressive grade 3 cancer at 41 and had always been hyper sensitive to drugs. I rejected the chemo and radio but absolutely had the life-saving surgery. The oncologist said I was "a nihilist and no good to anybody dead" and that I had a "death wish" as I mentioned before. I chose not to have the brutal treatments because I had a life wish and felt they would hurt me badly or possibly kill me. At the very least I could end up with chemo brain and my work is my brain.

To be clear, it works for some, I could even possibly choose it in the future if I had to. It's all about knowing your own body and making your own choices which are right for you at the time. I was given a 70% chance of being alive at 10 yrs without the additional treatments. 79% with all 3. It's 12.5 years on and zero recurrence. TOUCH WOOD!!

I have had abuse and hostility from people who haven't had the disease and knew very little of the research (mine was rare at the time). We should really just support each other regardless. We're on our own sometimes very lonely journeys.  :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 02:10:41 PM »

And we did survive!   :medal:  Initially when I was called back sooner than expected for my follow up, I said that if the C word was mentioned I would have bilateral mastectomy.  Within a few moments the Surgeon told me that not many ladies require mastectomy with my condition.  So that was it, never crossed my mind after.  I had radiation for 4 weeks and tried the 'tamoxifen' but as I hadn't felt physically ill, once it made me poorly I stopped it.  A friend who continued with it, died of womb cancer  :-\ ; there is a connection.

To a certain extent the body heals itself.  I do like to know that there is a little help out there ;-).

I felt supported throughout. 

linz57

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2021, 09:25:55 AM »

Great post Iris 67, we do know our bodies better than anyone.
I noticed a return of my menopausal symptoms for a few weeks  after having my first  AZ vaccine and although most have resolved I am now experiencing  the return of VA symptoms. I had been trouble free for over five years due to using the Evorel Conti patch,  so I feel this is due to the vaccine and not just a coincidence.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 09:31:21 AM by linz57 »

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2021, 10:10:05 AM »

Get some appropriate VA treatment linz57.  Nip the symptoms in the bud!

linz57

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2021, 01:02:36 PM »

I’m onto it! Doing a 14 day reload and then will take it from there 👍

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2021, 02:09:20 PM »

Great.

Katejo

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2021, 05:17:13 PM »

Hello all. I take Oestradiol and Utrogestan. I had.my first jab of Astra Zeneca and seven days later started to spot - now almost a full on period. Likely just coincidence, but anyone else had similar? Wondering if the vaccine interfered in the get in some way? I'm 53 and well past normal periods. Doctor is sending me for ultrasound, but I'm just curious if there might be a link. Doctor immediately dismissed such a connection
  I had the 1st AstraZeneca in late February. I am on Evorel Conti and did have bleeding in my 1st year which was investigated but nothing found. By March 2021 I had been clear of bleeding for 6 months but then got a light bleed lasting a few days. I didn't connect it to the vaccination at all but then read your question. Since then I have seen a similar experience described on the FB VA group (unless that was also from you?).  I have since had my 2nd jab. Have you had your 2nd one?

Iris67

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2021, 11:18:18 AM »

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2021, 06:50:56 PM »

How interesting.   :thankyou:

I probably mentioned that I had break through bleeding when I used 'beconase' nasal spray whilst on The Pill.

dahliagirl

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2021, 11:23:24 PM »

I had breakthrough bleeding whilst on the pill from using St John's Wort - apparently it changes the way the liver processes the tablets by inducing production of more enzymes.

I didn't know beconase had an effect.

hereandthere

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2021, 10:24:54 AM »

Just in case anyone looks at this chain for stats purposes I want to add that after 3 years of menopause I got bleeding for the first time 14 days after my first Pfizer vaccine. There are now so many cases of changes to menstruation and post meno bleeding that quite a few scientists are investigating. Us women tend to be an afterthought when it comes to testing…. ::)
For now they are saying they don’t believe there’s be long term effects so I went ahead with my second vaccine yesterday. Yesterday late and today I’ve experienced a weird ‘bubbling’ feeling in my abdomen.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2021, 10:41:16 AM »

Report on the Yellow card?  It's all research :-).  How do U feel otherwise?

hereandthere

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2021, 05:50:28 AM »

Reporting in SA seems a bit hit and miss.
I’m doing fine though thanks CLKD. The fluttering was a few days, but then subsided and I haven’t had it again.
Pages: 1 [2]