Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How to tell if a fever or hot flush? No thermometer  (Read 787 times)

loonarider

How to tell if a fever or hot flush? No thermometer
« on: August 03, 2021, 07:45:13 PM »

How to tell?

Mummytron

Re: How to tell if a fever or hot flush? No thermometer
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 09:07:11 PM »

I'd also like to know if a hot flush registers as hot as a fever?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 11:41:11 PM »

Mummytron A hot flush doesn't change your core temperature believe it or not. :-\

If you have a fever loonarider then you'll probably feel ill in other ways too such as hot and cold and shivery,  headache, joint and muscle aches and just that horrible unwell feeling.

Taz x

loonarider

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 12:18:32 PM »

Mummytron A hot flush doesn't change your core temperature believe it or not. :-\

If you have a fever loonarider then you'll probably feel ill in other ways too such as hot and cold and shivery,  headache, joint and muscle aches and just that horrible unwell feeling.

Taz x

Thank you Taz!

The annoying thing is knowing how to discern between an actual illness or whether it's just the usual hormonal malarky.

Yes, I I'd say I'm definitely flushing then. Usually starts from back of my neck, then face, limbs start to get clammy..

I did have a shivering episode a few nights ago in bed, but didn't feel ill. I'll chalk it up to hormones ???

loonarider

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 12:19:29 PM »

Taz x

Thank you Taz!

The annoying thing is knowing how to discern between an actual illness or whether it's just the usual hormonal malarky.

Yes, I I'd say I'm definitely flushing then. Usually starts from back of my neck, then face, limbs start to get clammy and then torso gets very sweaty.

I did have a shivering episode a few nights ago in bed which was odd, but didn't feel ill. I'll chalk it up to hormones ???

Mummytron

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 05:26:00 PM »

Thank you, I am surprised to hear this!