Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT, bleeding and fibroids.  (Read 1309 times)

Menocrazy

HRT, bleeding and fibroids.
« on: November 29, 2021, 11:32:24 AM »

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can offer any advice please.
I am in my 11th day of bleeding with flooding every day since Friday. And once the previous week.

History …. in April this year I had a mirena coil removed and a biopsy taken 2 very small fibroids.  The biopsy was clear.  Three days afterwards I started bleeding then in June I had a massive bleed that i ended up in A&E. I bled for 14 weeks solid.  I was on 2 squirt oestrogen and 2 urogestan progesterone orally.  Previous to the coil removal I was only on one progesterone.

I came off HRT for 9 weeks which stopped the bleed but the menopause symptoms were horrendous.  I could hardly function.

I saw the Gynea at the hospital and they put me on cyclical HRT 2 squirts and 2 progesterone with the addition of Cerrazte.  The advice for the dose came from the head of the menopause clinic but I don’t have my first appointment with them till 6 January.

First month was fine and I started to feel really good again.  Second month during the break I had a bleed but now it hasn’t  stopped and I am having daily flooding.

I was told at the hospital Gynea (not menopause) to only see them if the bleeding is life threatening and there are no more test to be done. Their only solution was hysterectomy.   My Dr is trying to keep me on HRT but running out of options.

I wonder if anyone else has been through something similar and can offer any advice.

Many Thanks
X.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT, bleeding and fibroids.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 02:05:55 PM »

That's awful advice.  Hysterectomy is major surgery.  It would be nice to get an HRT regime settled prior to deciding about surgical intervention.

How are your iron levels?  Has your GP checked that you aren't becoming aneamic?  I was told that a woman bleeds as much as a table spoon full each month  :-X.  I was getting that amount several times daily - if I could meet that person who even suggested ...........  :bang:  we are all different.

If you upped the dosage what would happen, it may be too low to control the bleeds?  Have you put the product name into the search box on the Forum? 

Menocrazy

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 02:15:38 PM »

Thank you CLKD.  I am hoping the proper menopause clinic will have more advice.
The next thing my Dr was talking about was lowering to one squirt of eostrgel to see if that helps but I won’t hear from her until Wednesday now so I’m not sure about the progesterone dose because at the moment I’m off the progesterone for the break but still on the cerazzete.  It seems a long time away.

I have asked her about iron as I feel it is now low,  I do have issues as when I can take them as I have to take thyroid medication and they cannot be taken close to each other, not sure if it can be taken with hrt.

I know what you mean about the amount each month,  I am doing that plus a bit more on the flooding episodes.   I do keep a diary in terms that they dr might understand.
X.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 05:24:49 PM »

I think they can give you tranexamic acid to top the bleeding? Is there a reason you didn't have another mirena? For most women this is the best way to prevent it. It's several months now since April. I don't know how long it would take a polyp or fibroid to start causing trouble but I wondered if this was a possibility?

Menocrazy

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 05:55:55 PM »

Hi Shelia
Thank you for your reply
I have been in tranamenix acid for the last few days, and I am still flooding.
I was told because the last coil got imbedded in my fibroid they couldn’t rule out it happening again.  Also TMI sorry…. But I am using super plus tampons and the force of which they come out with the flooding I would worry what it would do to a coil. 

My main issue with a coil though at the moment I can come off hrt tonight if it all got too bad but with a coil It would have to be planned with a health professional I think. 

My last internal scan was September this year, I have had six this year so far and it was all clear. I started back on hrt 1st October and I feel so out of my depth, all the consultants and gp say are you are a unique case. 
X.