Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Gel / utrogestan advice for a newbie please?!  (Read 646 times)

Cakeintherain

• First Flush
Gel / utrogestan advice for a newbie please?!
« on: August 02, 2021, 12:14:15 PM »

Hi everyone. I wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice please?

I’ve been on everol sequi 50 for 5 months (peri, still having periods). Overall they were amazing but I was having horrendous bleeding and bloating on the progesterone patches so my GP has changed me over to something else.

I’ve now been given sandrena gel sachets and utrogestan. The sachets are 0.5mg and I’ve been told it’s one of those a day and then 200mg utrogestan from days 15-28.

I just wondered if that sounds right? Isn’t 0.5mg a big drop from the patches I was on before? And also, if I take the utrogestan vaginally as I plan to do, is 200mg too much?

I’m finding the gel a real pain compared to the patches! Hopefully I’ll get used to it.

Many thanks.

Dotty

Re: Gel / utrogestan advice for a newbie please?!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 12:19:47 PM »

Hi I think you are right that the dosage of oestrogen is too low. To get the equivalent of Evorel Sequi patch you need at least 1mg of Sandrena and maybe a bit more.

The Utrogestan is 200mg from days 15-26. Using it vaginally is off licence and would be the same dosage, although some people use 100mg vaginally. x

Cakeintherain

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 07:10:08 PM »

Thank you!

I’m wondering if my oestrogen might have been a bit too high with the patches which was what made the bleeding so heavy?

I’ll just play it by ear now and see how it goes with the 0.5mg. I was just concerned that 200mg of the progesterone might be too much with such a low dose of oestrogen?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 09:51:04 PM »

The utrogeston dose is the same regardless of the amount of oestrogen. You should use the lowest dose of oestrogen that controls your symptoms but it sounds as though you may need to increase it.