Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spotting after replacing patch before due date . Help as worried.  (Read 1239 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Spotting after replacing patch before due date . Help as worried.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2021, 12:24:19 PM »

Yep.  Anything out of the ordinary: should I go to the GP/not : especially with lack of face2face consults at Surgeries.  It's probably 'within normal limits' for the regime you are on.  Have you put the name of the product into the search box ?

lynnietodd

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2021, 01:14:44 PM »

Yeah I have searched it .. I've also looked at patient info leaflet and says breakthrough bleeding can be side effect if forget to change patch or take too much .. reading between lines I think I might fall into this ?????

lynnietodd

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2021, 03:25:25 PM »

Think I'm loosing my mind .. I've now convinced myself that the bleeding is due to some sort of cancer . I feel I've also period pain too . I even tried to message Dr Louise Newson but was told I need to be a patient before they advise and I can't afford that . I just need a person in the know to advise me if my unscheduled bleeding is not to be worrying about . I'm sorry for being like this xx

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 10:56:59 PM »

You had a scan in January which was clear I think. Why were you referred for a scan? Was it because you hadn't had any withdrawal bleeds over the past few months or for another reason? If the scan was clear then it seems highly unlikely that the spotting would be caused by anything sinister... take a breath and try to think about it logically... hard I know but these things can become overwhelming.

Taz x

lynnietodd

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2021, 07:33:20 AM »

Thank you Taz,
I had scan in jan as was again super worried as had a mid cycle spotting episode prior to starting HRT . I had a normal smear in Nov too but think my doctor just wanted to reassure me as she knew how anxious I was due to my health anxiety. She didn't think there was anything to worry about and said it was probably due to hormone but sent me for scan to reassure me . I'm going to really try today to keep things in perspective. Xx

lynnietodd

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2021, 10:12:33 AM »

Hi ,
Still having little bits of spotting.. 12 days now .. some days been hardly noticeable. I'm trying so hard not to worry . I'm trying to think rationally and hope it's just because of the patch mix up and maybe my own hormones also kicking in .
Is that what I should be thinking?
Thank you xxx
Pages: 1 [2]