Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hearing Loss  (Read 770 times)

Ms Peak

Hearing Loss
« on: July 30, 2021, 09:46:04 PM »

Hello folks.
Anyone else losing their hearing amd or using hearing aids?
I now have a 60% hearing loss and wear bilateral hearing aids-when I want or need too.
Its not going to improved and impacts on my  life.
Curious to other sufferes

Thx Ms Peak x

sheila99

Re: Hearing Loss
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 08:37:37 AM »

My hearing is getting worse. I know I should get hearing aids but haven't done so yet. I lost much of my hearing in one ear following a virus years ago and the tinnitus makes it harder to hear, now the other ear is deteriorating.
How do you find hearing aids? My mother struggled with them, she said the background noise was so loud she couldn't hear what she was trying to listen to.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 09:04:54 AM »

I recently had a test.  Apparently all OK.  But I still think me hearing is impaired, probably due to narrow Eustachian tubes which was commented upon.

It depends on how much 1 pays for aids I think, what you get is what you pay for. 

jaycee

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 05:51:34 PM »

I think my hearing is getting worse, but i have continuous Tinnitus, it's awful, sometimes it's like swishing sound, sometimes i think i have left the TV on as it sounds like someone is talking in another room, muffled, and sometimes it's like a tap running,i have to go and check i haven't left a tap on
I am going to see about getting a hearing test asap

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 07:41:40 PM »

I pull my ear lobes 👂 which clears my noises for a short while.  Not too much wax.  Still feel deaf at times though, I can no longer hear swifts.  :-\