Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Patches vs Gel (not sure Estradot is doing the trick)  (Read 594 times)

Ljhooray

• First Flush
Patches vs Gel (not sure Estradot is doing the trick)
« on: August 02, 2021, 09:00:56 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and really looking forward to being part  of the community.

I started HRT in January after using BUPA's menopause service and was prescribed 25mg Estradot which lifted the key symptoms of Perimenopause a little (disturbed sleep, crippling anxiety, mood swings) but not entirely so at my 3 month check up in May, I was prescribed 50mg (this is also as I'm mid forties so the doctor recommended a high dose for protective benefits).

However. in the last month my symptoms have started to come back to pre HRT levels - headaches, tummy ache, anxiety etc so I was just wondering if this indicates a need to increase the dose or look at changing from Estradot to another patch or perhaps gel.  Given I only started HRT in January, I don't know if it's too soon to be needing to up it

Floo36

Re: Patches vs Gel (not sure Estradot is doing the trick)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 01:58:33 PM »

Because it worked for you initially I would go up to the next dose.  Our own hormones will continue to drop so dosage change is not unusual.

Ljhooray

• First Flush
Re: Patches vs Gel (not sure Estradot is doing the trick)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 03:36:50 PM »

Thanks Floo36 - I was just unsure, given I only got the diagnosis in January, that it might be a bit quick to up it

TBH  it was only when i went through the symptoms for the past 12 to 18 months that it had obviously started a while ago - I felt like an idiot when I put the pieces together and said 'ah I'd been wondering why I'd been waking up thinking someone had throw a bucket of water over me, my periods are all over the shop and that every month I am at risk of destroying all objects and people who defy me'  ;D)