Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Very confused - need help re Utro/Oestrogel pls  (Read 706 times)

Sutcliffex4

Very confused - need help re Utro/Oestrogel pls
« on: August 01, 2021, 05:04:44 AM »

History;
I have been using HRT for 6mths
2 pumps Oestrogel.
2 x Utrogestan 12 days.
I was told by my GP to take the Utro from 1st - 12th of the month to avoid confusion.

I have a Prolactinoma (pituitary tumour) My consultant requested by GP prescribe the HRT meds due to my blood readings being abnormal & possibility of peri menopause.. the tumour apparently masks symptoms?

Over the 6mths I initially had light bleeding after the Utro. Then no period. Then a very heavy period (flooding). Then back to light. Last month I started bleeding during the Utro - after 5 days’ish it turned to brown.. then did not stop. Every time I used the loo I would have blood of some description when wiping.
This morning I have woken to be covered in blood. I have stomach cramps. I am due to take my 1st Utro tonight.

Yesterday I sat with my husband and discussed the HRT. Prior to taking it I felt continuously hot, only at night time. This stopped almost immediately. Other than that I have felt no benefits. I called my GP several times this week for an appointment but non are available until the end of August. I had almost decided to stop taking the HRT.. and now the bleed this morning has confused me further.

After re-reading this I’m not sure what I’m actually asking? I just feel really rubbish at the mo.. not my usual self.
xx

sheila99

Re: Very confused - need help re Utro/Oestrogel pls
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 12:33:30 PM »

If you're taking utro at the wrong time for you body it's no surprise your bleeds are messed up. You need to fit the hrt into your own cycle, the other way round won't work. The first day of your bleed is day 1,then take utro days 15-26 of your cycle.

Sutcliffex4

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 12:46:56 PM »

Thank you for your reply.
Because I had not been having periods due to the tumour.. I’m unsure of my true cycle? I think that’s why the GP suggested 1st of the month?
Do you think then I class today as day one.. and take the Utro on day 15?
I feel like I don’t know enough about HRT.. no matter how much I read.
I’ve spent ages looking through posts on here and I’m baffled as to how much ladies know! I feel really stupid tbh 😥

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 08:58:50 AM »

Ignore me. Given the complication of your tumour I don't know what I'm talking about  :(. Your gp's suggestion seems sensible. If you didn't bleed at all before the problems you're having now seem a bit unexpected. A mirena might be worth considering if the bleeding doesn't settle, it stops bleeds entirely for most people. You could ask for a scan in case there's something else going on to cause it such as a fibroid or polyp.

VictoryV

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 06:03:58 AM »

Hi Sutcliffex4,
I can’t help with what’s going on and I’m late replying as I’ve only just read this thread but I want to say stick in there, get the nearest GP apt and It’s great that you’ve got your husband’s support. I hope things get easier very soon and please come back and post as your thread helped me about dosage etc. So big thanks.

Victoria.x