Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hrt and breast pain  (Read 1636 times)

gemmag

• First Flush
Hrt and breast pain
« on: July 31, 2021, 08:50:43 AM »

Hi.  I’ve been in evorel conti for 3 months.  Have had a blood test (3 weeks ago) and Dr confirmed my oestrogen levels are  still low.  After the blood test though I began to develop terrible breast pain and lower back pain.  The patches have helped my hot flushes and fatigue but the breast pain is awful. Don’t know if it’s too much oestrogen  in my body or the progesterone, or not enough !  Google says breast pain can be caused bu too much or too little or progesterone.  Should I increase my patch dose, reduce it or change patch?  Hugging hurts.  Thanks 😕

jasmine5

Re: Hrt and breast pain
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 02:27:20 PM »

I suffered breast pain and swelling with Evorel Conti, it was so painful I couldn’t even bear to lie on my stomach in bed. My Consultant advised to try Evening Primrose Oil, High strength but unfortunately they did nothing for the pain. 

I’ve changed to Femseven Conti but now I have a whole host of new problems including joint pain, Depression, bloating, vaginal dryness and itching to name a few!  I always suspected the breast pain was due to too much Progesterone but now with the Femseven I feel it may be not enough Oestrogen!  I also tried the Oestrogen Gel which was great but alas the Progesterone capsules irritated my stomach.  I think I’ve run out of options now  :'(

Salad

Re: Hrt and breast pain
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 10:52:13 PM »

I had dreadful breast tenderness/pain when my level got too low.
I have also had it when my level was high, but that was also accompanied by an increase in cup size  :o It’s up to you, but I would increase the dose. If you’re unsure maybe have a chat with your GP first.