Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How are you ladies with your PMT whilst on HRT.?  (Read 949 times)

JPoppyFalls

• First Flush
How are you ladies with your PMT whilst on HRT.?
« on: July 30, 2021, 03:35:48 PM »

Hello Ladies..

I've only been on HRT (2pumps and utrogestan) for about 2 weeks now. My PMT has always been dreadful in the week leading up to my period, but this week it has been absolutely horrific, I've not wanted to be here anymore its been that bad. Has anyone else's PMT got better or worse whilst on HRT. I have a review on 26th August so I'll mention it to the Dr as well. But I am now terrified of next months PMT. Its an absolute nightmare on top of all the peri symptoms.

Thanks in advance ladies for any help.  :)

Gilla999

Re: How are you ladies with your PMT whilst on HRT.?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 05:18:42 AM »

Sorry to hear you've been struggling so much. My PMT has disappeared now I'm on HRT, but it's been a bit of a case of trial and error to get there. For example initially I tried 200mg Utrogestan vaginally and that made me feel super low and depressed so I reduced to 100mg and tolerate that fine.

A key thing for me has also been trying to sync both parts of the PMT with my natural cycle (as I am still having periods). For my first attempt at HRT I didn't do that and it sent me haywire.

My understanding is that most mood related PMT changes are caused by Progesterone one way or the other, but I might be wrong in that. I really hope it improves for you xx

Taz2

Re: How are you ladies with your PMT whilst on HRT.?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 07:32:34 AM »

Hi JPoppyFalls. My PMT was always troublesome and carried on when I first started on Evorel which contains Norethisterone as the progesterone. This settled a lot by month 3. Are you post menopause?

Taz x