Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and patches?  (Read 970 times)

Cakeintherain

• First Flush
Utrogestan and patches?
« on: August 12, 2021, 02:15:43 PM »

Hi, this might be a stupid question!

I was on everol sequi but I was having a lot of bleeding and bloating so I was changed onto sachets of gel and utrogestan. Not started the utrogestan yet.

The sachets I was prescribed are 0.5mg per day and when on patches I was on the everol 50. Within 2 days of the gel the symptoms started coming back so I upped it to 2 sachets, but still getting the odd hot flush (had none on the patches).

So my question is, can you have everol 50 patches with utrogestan? I’ve only ever read about people having it with the gel. I much prefer the patches and it was only during the Conti patch times that I had the bleeding and bloating (pretty much as soon as I changed over and for the whole duration rather than afterwards like it was meant to be).

Hope that makes sense and thank you!

Michelle7474

Re: Utrogestan and patches?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 02:22:37 PM »

Hi, this might be a stupid question!

I was on everol sequi but I was having a lot of bleeding and bloating so I was changed onto sachets of gel and utrogestan. Not started the utrogestan yet.

The sachets I was prescribed are 0.5mg per day and when on patches I was on the everol 50. Within 2 days of the gel the symptoms started coming back so I upped it to 2 sachets, but still getting the odd hot flush (had none on the patches).

So my question is, can you have everol 50 patches with utrogestan? I’ve only ever read about people having it with the gel. I much prefer the patches and it was only during the Conti patch times that I had the bleeding and bloating (pretty much as soon as I changed over and for the whole duration rather than afterwards like it was meant to be).

Hope that makes sense and thank you!

Hi cake
Yes you can have Everol 50 and utrogestan.. I was prescribed this after my initial 3 months on the sequi patches

Get on to your GP if you feel to change but sometimes it’s takes times for new regimes to work & that’s why they recommend 3 months

Let us know how you get on