Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti and periods/cycle question  (Read 1062 times)

ByTheSea

• First Flush
Evorel Conti and periods/cycle question
« on: July 29, 2021, 01:16:30 PM »

Hi all, first post.

I’m 46 and in peri. I’ve had many of the classic symptoms (flushes, VA, endless UTIs, dizziness, fatigue, joint aches, electric shocks, shortening cycle, terrible brain fog). I’ve got a few underlying conditions (hypothyroid, PCOS, arthritis) so my GP did tests and scans to rule out anything before starting me on HRT. I’m on Estradiol and the Evorel Conti patch. I’m also on calcium/vit D and D-Mannose.

I did double check about EC, as I know it’s meant for women who aren’t menstruating, but was assured by the GP and the gynae clinic that it was okay.

I’m 2 months in. The flushes went within the first 48 hours. In my first month I was great during the first 2 weeks, then all my symptoms came back during ovulation, then I was great again for 2 weeks but then had a really terrible period where all my symptoms came back with a vengeance. This month I felt lousy again around my usual ovulation time, but I didn’t ovulate (I always know as I get strong ov pain). Again snapped back to feeling great, but no period arrived. Then a few days ago I dipped again and I’m pretty sure I ovulated, so we shall see if a period shows up or not.

I’m not at all worried about not having a period (I’d prefer not to tbh), but is this cyclical return of symptoms normal? I’m coming up to my review with my GP, do I keep going with the EC or ask for a different method? Do I need to give it longer?

Any advice or experiences welcomed.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 01:20:56 PM by ByTheSea »

sheila99

Re: Evorel Conti and periods/cycle question
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 02:59:20 PM »

Evorel conti won't override your own cycle so I don't think it's a surprise you still get symptoms from your own hormones. I think you might be better on a sequi regime as you still have a cycle of your own, it's designed to work with your own cycle not to override it. When you talk about cyclical return of symptoms are these just normal pmt type symptoms you have every month or a return of meno symptoms?

ByTheSea

• First Flush
Re: Evorel Conti and periods/cycle question
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 06:36:22 PM »

Thanks @sheila99, I mean meno symptoms, rather than PMT. So dizziness, flushes etc. I never used to get this with ovulation before (I got OV pain, but that’s all).