Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Progesterone  (Read 1165 times)

Winterose

Progesterone
« on: July 29, 2021, 10:24:37 AM »

I read an article  re new research that suggested even if ladies had had a hysterectomy they should be taking progesterone too as well as oestrogen.  Short article suggested it helped with all meno symptoms and improved sleep and anxiety issues . Haven’t been able to find any more info on this and wondered if any of the well informed ladies on here knew of any info on this .

Eggcustard

Re: Progesterone
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 12:51:47 AM »

I would like to know this too, surely we need to be as close to before the op as possible, did you ever find an answer to this?

Thanks

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 11:14:10 AM »

I never thought I would say this but it makes sense as long as it is the right type of progesterone at the right dose.  Synthetic progesterone does not have any therapeutic effect.

I hate progesterone if the dose is too high but I really like it at a lower dose.   I find it calming, it aids good quality sleep, it acts as a hormone stabiliser and if taken continuously, it prevents the dreaded bleeds. 

So yes, I agree that progesterone is beneficial unless you are progesterone intolerant of course.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:17:45 AM by Mary G »

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 07:03:41 PM »

Some women do need a low dose to feel well but for for many (probably most?) progesterone is what we have to put up with so we can have oestrogen. Unless it's a dose we'll below the normal conti dose? For me bleeds are by far the better option than continuous progesterone.

Winterose

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 11:42:41 AM »

No never got any response for progesterone after hysterectomy which is what I was hoping for .
Will have to do some further research on this and to find out which would be best to use .