Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Appoint booked with Prof Studd clinic  (Read 2396 times)

Mindfulmoomins

Appoint booked with Prof Studd clinic
« on: July 28, 2021, 08:27:12 AM »

Hi everyone,

I have got an appointment with Dr Watson at Proff Studd’s clinic on Monday. I really hope they can help with progesterone intolerance and reproductive depression and anxiety.

I just wanted to share it with you as I am nervous (that it won’t help - bloomin’ hormonal anxiety makes me worried I’ll never feel better). But I am also trying to trust, have faith and let go and live one day at a time.

Xxx

Michelle7474

Re: Appoint booked with Prof Studd clinic
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 08:52:00 AM »

Good luck for Monday
I hope you get sorted with help & answers you need :)
Aniexty from hormones is awful & I feel for everyone who as ever suffered any kind of aniexty as until I experienced it , I Would never have known how bad it effects people at all.

Good luck mindfulmoomins xxx

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 09:26:38 AM »

Thank you Michelle, your support is much appreciated xxx

racjen

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 10:14:57 AM »

Yes, good luck from me too - hormonal anxiety is the worst, impossible to describe to people who haven't suffered but a really debilitating condition. I really hope they manage to sort you out x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 10:21:58 AM »

I suggest making a list of your symptoms and which U would like to ease first to take to the Appt..  Let us know how you get on?

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 11:37:16 AM »

I was a patient of Professor Studd for a number of years and his high dose Oestrogel, testosterone and 7 day 100mg Utrogestan regime was a real life saver for me.

I eventually hit the buffers with the Utrogestan and the bleeds made me feel really ill but I now think that was due to age and being very post menopause.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 12:03:43 PM »

Thank you everyone. I can’t tell you how much your support means to me. I am having a really low day.

Mary, how much estrogen were you on with Prof Studd? I am currently worried that as I am already on Estradot 100 mcg (since 14.7.21) and was previously on 4 pumps of Estrogel they won’t suggest anything else. I hate it when I get those times I doubt I will ever get better  :-*.

Logically I know it will pass and my antidepressant was only increased 2 weeks and 5 days ago so it might not be helping yet.

Thank goodness for this forum and you amazing, thoughtful, supportive and intelligent women.

Xx

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 12:25:32 PM »

Hello Mindfulmoomins

I join the other ladies in wishing you good luck for your appointment.

As you know many of us experience similar symptoms so please keep us updated on your progress.

Take care and I hope you feel better as the day goes on.

K.

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 12:36:24 PM »

Thank you Kathleen xxx

Mary G

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2021, 08:11:27 PM »

Mindfulmoomims, I was in a bad way when I first went to Professor Studd.   I had dreadful sweating all the time and silent migraines during the progesterone phase of HRT.   He prescribed 3 pumps of gel and testosterone every day and 100mg vaginal Utrogestan for 7 days each month although I stretched that somewhat.

This regime finally got rid of the sweats and reduced the migraines.  I now find I can feel completely normal on a much lower dose of oestrogen, probably because I am now very post menopause.

I believe some of his patients are using a higher dose of oestrogen, particularly those with reproductive depression.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 08:13:09 PM by Mary G »

Gilla999

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2021, 08:20:58 AM »

Also just to add, if you increased your anti depressant a couple of weeks ago this could also be temporarily contributing to your anxiety - I always get a period of a week or two of increased anxiety around one to three weeks after I do any increase. It tends to ease for me after a week or so. However all the logic and reasoning (whether AD or hormone related!) don't change the way you feel... it's all so chemical that it can be hard to see "through". But I'm sure you will come out of this dip soon. Sending you lots of good vibes xx

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2021, 08:44:58 AM »

Mary and Gilla thank you so much.

Xx

EllaAurora

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2021, 10:00:44 AM »

Hi Mindfulmoomins,

Great to hear you have the appointment coming up and fingers crossed you'll get a good outcome from it! As I've understood, prof Studd and his clinic really is one of the best there is, so you'll be in good hands.

Hormonal anxiety is the most horrible thing to experience -I do hope you'll get a solution that will lift it for good!

Good luck and do let us know how you get on!
xxx

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 10:12:02 AM »

Thanks Ella, yes it’s really debilitating at times. I just want I feel like myself again. Thanks for your support xxx

Salad

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2021, 11:02:46 PM »

Thank you everyone. I can’t tell you how much your support means to me. I am having a really low day.

Mary, how much estrogen were you on with Prof Studd? I am currently worried that as I am already on Estradot 100 mcg (since 14.7.21) and was previously on 4 pumps of Estrogel they won’t suggest anything else. I hate it when I get those times I doubt I will ever get better  :-*.

Logically I know it will pass and my antidepressant was only increased 2 weeks and 5 days ago so it might not be helping yet.

Thank goodness for this forum and you amazing, thoughtful, supportive and intelligent women.

Xx

Some of us are on way more than Estradot 100mcg, I use Estradot 200mcg plus 3 sprays of Lenzetto Spray daily -  don’t let the dose frighten you, it’s the amount absorbed that’s crucial.

Good Luck with your appointment  :)
Pages: [1] 2