Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Is it possible to have a ‘blip’ while on HRT? In pain!  (Read 647 times)

Champers101

Following on from my previous anguished post! I’m still getting a lot of period type pain (no bleeding). It spreads to my thighs, hips, and top of the buttocks. It’s been here intermittently for 2 weeks now, and worse the last few days

Two different GPs now have told me it’s probably a hormonal ‘blip’ that will pass, and I just need to keep going with me current treatment (100 Evorel and Mirena) and wait it out.

I believed them while in their surgery and it calmed me down but it doesn’t take long for the panic and doubt to set in again. I’m so scared this will never end. And this fear and tension then makes the pain worse…

Does anyone have experience of this happening to them? The only times I’ve felt similar have been when my Mirena has been old/ out of place. I’ve had a pelvic scan, UTI test and swab, all clear

Thank you!

Poupee

Re: Is it possible to have a ‘blip’ while on HRT? In pain!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 05:29:29 PM »

I was getting bad cramping with ovestin cream, just finished the 2 week loading then onto the twice a week. I found taking buscopan helped with easing the cramping.
"Buscopan relieves stomach cramps and period pains by helping your digestive system and bladder relax. It does this by reducing the wave-like contractions of the muscle in the walls of the stomach, bowel and bladder. Buscopan helps to treat stomach cramps and period pains, but does not cure them."

Champers101

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 06:14:30 PM »

Thanks, I’ll try them but this isn’t cramping, but a constant ache. I guess it’s not trying to shed a lining anymore so it’s a bit different!

I do remember when I started ovestin I did get some ‘period’ pain but it was nice knowing there was a cause and effect. And an end in sight! Now I haven’t changed anything - have been on the new HRt dose for over 3 months and topical oestrogen for a few months.

Nas

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 08:57:06 AM »

Sorry you are still in pain champers, what an absolute nuisance. Is it showing any sign of subsiding? Surely if it was hormonal, things would have settled down by now?

If all areas of gynae are clear, I can’t think what it could be. Do pain killers ease things? Muscle rubs?

Champers101

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 07:08:00 AM »

Thanks Nas, the pain has actually subsided over the last 3 days but I am terrified it’s going to come back as it was unbearable last week, and it has been on and off since it started.

I’ve now seen 3 docs (well one was a nurse at the Newson clinic) and they’ve all said different things! First one said gut-related, second said a hormonal blip causing cramp-like pain, and the third said likely muscular but I should increase my HRT too. Argh!

Looking back over my previous posts I’d forgotten that when I reduced my Blissel topical gel I had had similar pain - luckily sorted as soon as I went back to a daily dose

Hard to know what to do now except pray it will all go away! Aching all over my back and sore boobs haven’t gone, sadly, but easier to live with