Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on Conti after 2 years  (Read 753 times)

janechiesa

• First Flush
Bleeding on Conti after 2 years
« on: September 22, 2021, 08:49:03 PM »

Hello there
I'm 52 and have been on Estrogel 2 pumps and Utogestan orally for 4 years and on a conti regime for the past 2.
2-3 months ago I started bleeding: light flow for a few days here and there.
My ANP sent me for a TVS and I was followed up by a Gynaecologist. My uterus lining is 2.7mm and nothing concerning was found.
They advised Vagifem and to increase the Utogestan to 200mgs. I am still having bleeds a month later.
Should I persevere or come off everything and see what happens?
Could I still be peri and this is the final blast?!
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding on Conti after 2 years
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 06:38:15 AM »

Morning.  How do U feel overall?

Is it enough blood to use a pad?  It could be your hormones having a final fling and over-riding the regime.  Have U tried the 'vagifem'?  We have 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads here which may be useful 2 U, as well as putting the regime into the search box - each item separately - 2 C what pops up.  Make notes ;-)

:welcomemm:

janechiesa

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 06:55:25 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I feel fine and 'stable'. Some days need a tiny pad. Have been on the vagifem for about 6 weeks. I have no bladder issues and no  VA.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 07:06:19 PM »

I had similar experiences when changing to evorel conti. For over a year I had long episodes of bleeding with really frightening flooding and blood clot loss on occasions For me I think although I was 58 at the time I was still not menopausal. I first went onto a sequi regime age 56 because I was still having regular periods, I have not had any bleeding episodes for several months and have started to get hot flushes so Im guessing I am now menopausal. So it could be the same with you, it's hard to tell without stopping HRT.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 09:04:15 PM »

They didn't find anything to cause it so as long as you're benefiting from hrt I would stay on it. Have you had a covid jab that could have upset things? They investigate bleeding after a year but that's really on the safe side, there are some people who go longer than a year then have bleeds again.

janechiesa

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 06:03:32 AM »

Thanks for this responses. I've decided to stop. It's been 4 days. Spotting now but with period type pain. I'm not having a major anxiety problem (yet). Planning on seeing what happens and if I struggle will be straight back on the gel and might have to succumb to a Mirena. Or vaginal progesterone.

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2021, 09:08:45 AM »

If it turns out you're not meno and do decide to back on hrt you may be better with a sequi regime. At 52 it wouldn't be surprising if you're still peri and, as you've been on hrt for the last 4 years, I think you won't know?