Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Soya Intolerance and HRT  (Read 1907 times)

Anaise

Soya Intolerance and HRT
« on: July 26, 2021, 07:58:53 AM »

So, I have discovered that I am soya intolerant, which means I cannot take some forms HRT preparations. Does anyone know of any that don't contain derivatives of Soya? Thanks..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 08:00:32 AM by Anaise »

Taz2

Re: Soya Intolerance and HRT
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 09:37:06 AM »

I'm soya intolerant and am on Evorel and have also been on FemSeven both with no problems. The one product which I know has soya in is utrogestan

Taz x

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 11:02:00 AM »

You could try switching from Utrogestan to Progeffik, I'm pretty sure they are soya free.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 11:09:48 AM »

Hello ladies

Can I ask how you discovered that you were intolerant to soy?

We are told that Japanese women have fewer meno symptoms because they consume a lot of soya products therefore  it  is of benefit during the menopause.

Thanks  for any info ladies and take care.

K.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 12:21:13 PM »

It took a lot of tracking of what I'd eaten before I managed to isolate what was giving me diarrhoea, stomach cramps muscle aches and flu type feelings. When I first went to the GP with my findings soya was not recognised as an allergen. This was over thirty years ago and the doctor was very sceptical. Now it's included in the allergens on labels so life is easier.

Taz x

Postmeno3

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 01:28:14 PM »

Do you think having fibro makes you more sensitive, Taz?
💚

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 07:00:32 PM »

I haven't found I'm more sensitive to foods or medications but my skin is more sensitive to perfumes, creams and soaps. I'd had the soya problem for around 10 years before I developed fibro.

Taz x

Anaise

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 10:32:06 AM »

I'm soya intolerant and am on Evorel and have also been on FemSeven both with no problems. The one product which I know has soya in is utrogestan

Taz x

Hi Taz,

I discovered I was soya intolerant when after consuming foods containing any soya products I would get indigestion, acid reflux and palps. And when you look at the products like cakes and biscuits etc that contain soya as a filler it all fell into place. So take for example lemon puff biscuits, I was fine with these until they started to use soya in the ingredients. Now I can't eat them.
The problem is a lot of the HRT supplements are derived from Soya and I have had the same reaction with all the ones I've tried so far. Hence why I was wondering if there is an alternative HRT treatment that doesn't contain it.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 01:08:02 PM »

Because the soya is altered then it is suitable for people with soy allergy I think? Scroll down to Bioidentical Hormone Therapy https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/sns-201505261600--tms--premhnstr--k-e20150527-20150527-story.html

As we get older it is quite common to find biscuits, cake, bread difficult to digest. It becomes difficult to know what is doing what. I hope you find something that suits you soon.

Taz x