Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Coincidence? 3rd day of evorel 50 and I've been dripping with sweat!  (Read 1151 times)

loonarider

Hi,

I've not had one hot flush since starting peri, though I've had a wealth of other symptoms so decided to start hrt. I have been using Evorel 50 patch for 3 days now and I've been getting hot flushes to the point of embarrassment. Not doing anything and I'm dripping with sweat. Or I may just walk to the sitting and I'll drip with sweat. Is this normal?

Is this an early side effect? Odd, since I've never had a hot flush. Now I'm confused.

Michelle7474

Re: Coincidence? 3rd day of evorel 50 and I've been dripping with sweat!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 04:00:53 PM »

I don’t know the answer to your question but when I was using the everol 50 it stopped my heat flashes in the first few weeks .. but they came back and always had the most clammiest feet .. it was like the flush came out on my feet not my face lol
My face just stayed hot

Maybe your body was about to introduce you to the hot flushes .. I hope it eases for you & the patches help you with your journey Xx

Scampidoodle

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 04:19:51 PM »

I had this on oestrogel. No hot flushes prior then hot flushes on it. Mine turned out to be a histamine intolerance and oestrogen increases histamine. Saying that it may be something that just passes for you as you adjust. As soon as I came off it the flushes stopped.

loonarider

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 05:18:20 PM »

I don’t know the answer to your question but when I was using the everol 50 it stopped my heat flashes in the first few weeks .. but they came back and always had the most clammiest feet .. it was like the flush came out on my feet not my face lol
My face just stayed hot

Maybe your body was about to introduce you to the hot flushes .. I hope it eases for you & the patches help you with your journey Xx

For me, I literally sweat all over my face and neck and then it's my body. I'm just going to stick with it and hope for the best.  :-\

loonarider

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 05:19:15 PM »

I had this on oestrogel. No hot flushes prior then hot flushes on it. Mine turned out to be a histamine intolerance and oestrogen increases histamine. Saying that it may be something that just passes for you as you adjust. As soon as I came off it the flushes stopped.

Interesting. I wonder will anti-histamines help, and yes hoping it passes. Just have to stick with it.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 06:16:19 PM »

Worth a try. I now have to take anti histamines and avoid high histamine foods. But I haven’t gone back onto oestrogen. Though I understand people do once histamine is better controlled. Apparently v common in peri! Who knew.

Letmein

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 11:29:12 AM »

This was my experience too. Interesting what you say about histamine. Can I ask how you came to take conclusion? I take antihistamines on a daily basis for a dustmites allergy, so I would have thought it wouldn't have affected me. I didn't experience an increase in my allergy symptoms either.

Like you though, oestrogen definitely triggered hot flushes/night sweats which stopped the day I stopped hrt.

loonarider

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 11:54:34 AM »

This was my experience too. Interesting what you say about histamine. Can I ask how you came to take conclusion? I take antihistamines on a daily basis for a dustmites allergy, so I would have thought it wouldn't have affected me. I didn't experience an increase in my allergy symptoms either.

Like you though, oestrogen definitely triggered hot flushes/night sweats which stopped the day I stopped hrt.

It sucks, but glad I'm not the only one! No whether I need to change hrt. May try the gel or a lower dose on the patch. Maybe Evorel 50 mcg is too high. Im' only in the early stages of peri.

Letmein

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 02:37:32 PM »

I was in the lowest dose of the gel  :-\

Scampidoodle

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2021, 02:55:33 PM »

Hi you can try a lower dose, as oestrogen increases histamine so I guess the lower the oestrogen the lower histamine hit you’re getting.

I had similar reactions to other meds like the pill and so I thought I’d been here before. On oestrogel I got hot flushes, memory loss, increased fatigue, nausea. But only at the times in your cycle where oestrogen is higher. After ovulation I was all good. But the heat and also hair loss was enough and I came off it and it all went away,

Then after seeing a consultant called Tina peers, it’s transpired I probably wasn’t even ready for hrt, a lot of my symptoms were related to histamine which goes a little askew in peri. I’m v v v early peri. And had no history of allergies in the traditional sense. But I did tick a lot of boxes for histamine intolerance - bloating, irritability, fatigue, low mood. Which are similar to peri. The hrt tipped me over into feeling quite good mood wise but loads and loads of physical symptoms that were too much to bear.

mchaplin

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 09:58:52 AM »

This has been very interesting to read. I started Everol sequal and had terrible headaches sweets etc came off it then doctor said to try cutting it up into 4. Did that and even wit that small amount the sweets all through the day and worse than before through the night.