Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestran confusion  (Read 711 times)

Driedcranberry

• First Flush
Utrogestran confusion
« on: July 26, 2021, 07:07:09 PM »

Hi, Ive been on sandrena gel and 200mg utrogestran for 12 days for 3 months. During this time many side effects - sore boobs, bloating and cramping all month pretty much and weight gain, but also still getting mid cycle bleeding - which was one of the reasons for going on HRT initially - along with v bad moods, insomnia and various digestive issues and headaches. These symptoms have def improved. I'm 46 and still having periods. They were super heavy before HRt. Lighter now but still having this mid cycle bleed. Doc said to take utrogestran 100mg continually for 21 days instead so tried that this month and still had mid cycle bleed. I am about to go on holiday when the 21 days are up meaning I'd likely get a period mid holiday, so my question is, would it be harmful to keep taking utrogestran throughout the holiday to prevent period - and will it indeed do that or will I still get a bleed with such a low dose of progesterone anyway?? Thanks for your experiences and advice.

sheila99

Re: Utrogestran confusion
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 07:34:31 PM »

It won't do any harm to try but if you still have a cycle of your own you will bleed when your body dictates regardless of the hrt cycle. If you're able to tell when you ovulate you can start the 12 days a couple of days later so the hrt cycle stays instead with your own. If you can't the best way to stay in step is to start counting again with day 1 being the first day of your bleed.