Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sequential Sandrena and Utrogestan heavy, painful periods and anxiety  (Read 700 times)

Jackofall

• First Flush

Hello!  I first wanted to say thank you all so much.  Over the past 5 or so years this site has been a huge support and through browsing, you have answered a lot of my questions for which I am so grateful.  :thankyou:

I am 48 and had my first peri symptoms in my early 40s which coinsided with a difficult time work and family wise...although I didn't know that's what they were, thb I thought I was having a breakdown.  Over the years I have sought help and, to be fair to the GPs I have seen, they have helped me with various issues including fibromyalgia and depression however I increasingly felt that there was something else I needed to get to the bottom of.  Like so many people on here, I just felt like a completely different person - confidence at rock bottom, memory like a sieve, libido of a wet sock and a constant feeling of impending doom etc

Finally earlier this year after another year of many missed periods (and in great part thanks to reading this forum) I found the kahunas to go to my GP and ask for consideration for HRT.  I was put on to the GP in the practice who was described as 'our menopause GP' hoorah!  I know I am lucky to have her.  She started me on 0.5mg Sandrena and 200mg Utrogestan (orally for 12 days a month).  After an initial review the Sandrena was raised to 1mg.  I am now 4 months in and very grateful for some improvements including a massive reduction in number of headaches and migraines, reduced breast soreness, night sweats and some small improvement in brain fog at some times of the month. 

Utrogestan helps me sleep which is marvellous however, in the first week of taking it I get very low and weepy and, more strangely for me, REALLY very angry >:(!  Then towards the end comes the anxiety and lack of ability to focus on anything which lasts for over a week after I stop taking it.  Moreover, I am not getting a bleed until about 5 days after I stop the Utrogestan and the period is moderately heavy, about a week long and pretty painful.  Although I feel very grateful for relief from some symptoms, is this emotional rollercoaster normal and it is usual to start the bleed so many days after the Utrogestan?  I would be so grateful to hear anyone else's experiences please.  I have a 4 month review next week.

Thank you

Michelle7474

I read that you have your cycle after finishing the progesterone and I’ve read a few saying came so many days later

Also read about the low moods and crying
I was prescribed the same progesterone but because i was having problems with lightheadedness etc I didn’t want to add anything more to that as I read you can feel dopey etc after the tablet

I hope some one with more information comes along and helps you
This site is great and don’t feel alone when you know what’s happening .: as others unfortunately are feeling same too.