Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Tibolone plus Patch  (Read 647 times)

Musicandstars

Tibolone plus Patch
« on: July 25, 2021, 10:16:53 AM »

Thought I would post an update on my Tibolone journey, as I have found there is not much positivity out there on this useful alternative to standard HRT. Since being advised to stop taking Utrogestan after 8 years on it (with Estradot 50), due to thickened breast tissue which I was told by the NHS hospital breast consultant could turn cancerous, I have been taking Tibolone.  The good news is that 18 months on, my mammogram now shows normal breast tissue, and my breasts are dramatically softer and painless. But as Tibolone does not keep all the hot flushes under control, I am now using an Estraderm 25 patch with it. So far, so good - I am sleeping better and generally feel better in myself. I’ve noticed that my hair feels thicker too. The benefits of Tibolone, for me, outweigh the minimal risks; in fact its breast cancer risks are similar to being on Oestrogen only, so I am happy to continue as long as I feel this good at the age of 60.  :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 10:40:17 AM by Musicandstars »

CherrySG

Re: Tibolone plus Patch
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 05:47:08 AM »

That's absolutely great news, MusicandStars. At least we can all know that Tibolone can be a good substitute for regular Hrt.  :)

Kkay

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 10:40:50 AM »

Thank you Musicandstars for posting that, that is really helpful.

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 11:08:48 AM »

That sounds like a good regime and I'm pleased it's working well for you.

I did something similar when I used Angeliq (continuous combined oral HRT) and topped it up with a 50mcg patch and it worked well for several years.