Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Unsure what to do?  (Read 600 times)

Sutcliffex4

Unsure what to do?
« on: July 26, 2021, 10:37:43 AM »

I started HRT December 2020. I use the Oestrogel gel (1 pump each inner arm) and Utrogestan (days 15-26).
Some months I have had no bleeding. One month was horrendous flooding. Others have been ‘normal’. I co reacted my GP who told me to stick with it and it takes time to level out. This month I started bleeding on day 10 of Utrogestan- light bleeding but continuous for 7 days.. even now 5 days on I still have blood when wiping.
I’m getting to the point of giving up.. seeing what happens if I stop.
Apart from it stopping my night time flushes I’m not sure I feel any benefit?

My background is I have a Prolactinoma- tumour on my pituitary gland. My consultant was baffled by my blood results back in December & asked for advice from a Haematologist who suggested it could be peri menopause- this can be masked by the tumour..
Hence me trialling HRT.

Any advice?
Thank you x

sheila99

Re: Unsure what to do?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 11:24:14 AM »

I find my own cycle is always stronger than the hrt one so perhaps your own hormones decided you should bleed on day 10. If you can tell when you ovulate you could start utro 2-3 later to keep the hrt cycle in step with your own. How much utro are you using and do you take it vaginally or orally? It might be worth reducing to one pump to see if it will control your symptoms whilst reducing the build up. Gel shouldn't be applied to inner arms because of the risk of breast cancer if it rubs off there. You should use either outer arms/shoulders or inner thighs.
If you have excessive bleeding you should get checked out as you could have a fibroid or polyp.

Sutcliffex4

Re: Unsure what to do?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 12:41:38 PM »

Thank you for your reply.
I was told to use inner arm.. I will def stop doing this and try inner thigh area.
I take two Utrogestan orally for 12 days.