Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: So confused about how to take Utrogestan  (Read 2839 times)

Winter

So confused about how to take Utrogestan
« on: July 21, 2021, 11:03:56 AM »

I'm trying to find a simple guide to taking Utrogrestan! There isn't one!

I still have regular periods, so my doc has suggested I take oestrogel all month - one pump. Then Utro for 15.26 - he hasn't said how many tabs - but presumably this is 2x100 per day.

So why do women take it from 1-25? If they are still having periods, why is there this option on top of the 2 week option? I don't understand.

And if I were to take it vaginally - do I do so with one tablet every night for the 2 weeks?

Dotty

Re: So confused about how to take Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 11:57:39 AM »

Hi if you are still having periods then you take 200mg of Utrogestan for days 15-26 of your cycle.

The dosage of 100mg for days 1-25 is for post menopause but the dosage has been updated to take 100mg every day. Anyone can use this regime but if you are not post menopausal then you are likely to get lots of irregular bleeding. X

loonarider

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 04:53:29 PM »

I'm trying to find a simple guide to taking Utrogrestan! There isn't one!

I still have regular periods, so my doc has suggested I take oestrogel all month - one pump. Then Utro for 15.26 - he hasn't said how many tabs - but presumably this is 2x100 per day.

So why do women take it from 1-25? If they are still having periods, why is there this option on top of the 2 week option? I don't understand.

And if I were to take it vaginally - do I do so with one tablet every night for the 2 weeks?

I am following. Don't get it either and the reason why I still haven't started my HRT!

loonarider

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 05:11:32 PM »

Hi if you are still having periods then you take 200mg of Utrogestan for days 15-26 of your cycle.

The dosage of 100mg for days 1-25 is for post menopause but the dosage has been updated to take 100mg every day. Anyone can use this regime but if you are not post menopausal then you are likely to get lots of irregular bleeding. X

Dotty, thanks for that info. So to clarify days 15-26 of cycle is from beginning of last period you take 200 mg a day vaginally or orally? So my last flow was 14th July that means I start on 29th July up until next flow on the 9th August which will be day 26.

Is that correct?

In the meantime, the Evorel 50 patches I've also been prescribed are to be taken everyday, am I right? Can I start them now?

God if you can get back to this I'd so appreciate it. Desperate to get started on HRT. :o

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 07:32:00 PM »

Day 1 is the first day of your last bleed. So yes you start the Utrogestan on 29th July for 12 days. The recommended dose is 200mg. From then on start the Utrogestan on the 29th of every month.

Yes you wear the patches all the time….change twice a week .

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 08:31:31 PM »

If you have a cycle of your own that's 28 days it's better to stick to a 28 day cycle so the hrt cycle stays in step with your own. If you don't the same date each month is easier to remember (though perhaps not 29th Feb  ;)).

loonarider

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 10:27:19 PM »

Day 1 is the first day of your last bleed. So yes you start the Utrogestan on 29th July for 12 days. The recommended dose is 200mg. From then on start the Utrogestan on the 29th of every month.

Yes you wear the patches all the time….change twice a week .

Phew thanks a lot!  :)

loonarider

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 10:27:56 PM »

If you have a cycle of your own that's 28 days it's better to stick to a 28 day cycle so the hrt cycle stays in step with your own. If you don't the same date each month is easier to remember (though perhaps not 29th Feb  ;)).

Thank you!

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 06:05:00 AM »

Sheila99 … I did think about February as I wrote the 29th of every month  ;D x

violetbat

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 06:17:16 AM »

Hi- I sync the utro with my own cycle. I don’t take it at the exact same time each month. I know when my body is starting to produce more progesterone in the second half of my cycle and go with that.

sheila99

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 07:20:56 AM »

That's what I do and it works well for me but I think a lot of people can't tell.