Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Experiences of Ovestin cream on it's own? Would apprecIate some advice :)  (Read 1213 times)

loonarider

Hi,

I'm in HRT confusion hell.

I was prescribed evorel 50 patches in March and utrogestan micronised pills. I had to stop taking due to not doing well with utrogestan. Was on it for only a few days though. My doc suggestedthe mirena coil, however, ater having a terribe experience with the fitting, I am having to wait to get an appointment for the fitting under sedation.

Anyway, I spoke to a very imformative doc yesterday with a strrong Russian accent which I found pretty impressive. She seemed to really know her stuff - a lot of what she advised was backed up with latest science. Anyhow, she said I can try 1 mg Ovestin cream vaginally/topically on it's own (I don't have vaginal dryness btw).

I do still have my periods (which she is aware of). She said ovestin can be used on it's own, but if there is no bleed by up to 3 months then I should start utrogestan for 5-7 days. Thoughts? Anyone tried this?

(This is a contingency plan until I get an appointment for the mirena coil fitting under sedation - there is a huge waiting list currently for that).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 12:46:51 PM by loonarider »

Tinkerbell

I am really confused, is she saying to use Ovestin cream for the progesterone component of HRT?

Joaniepat

I would imagine she thinks that you must have VA to some extent because of your previous experience with the Mirena fitting. I have heard of local oestrogen being prescribed before smear tests when people have found those painful, but don't know if it is prescribed before coil fitting. Ovestin can be used on its own because it is a minute dose of local oestrogen, and is not associated with endometrial thickening.

JP x