Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: So anybody getting good sleep in this barmy weather? 😁  (Read 5593 times)

loonarider

Re: So anybody getting good sleep in this barmy weather? 😁
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2021, 12:23:26 PM »

It’s just impossible to sleep isn’t it, I toss & turn all night even go for a little walk round the house looking for cool spots! My mother in law said yesterday she shuts all the curtains upstairs & shuts the windows tight too & it’s keeps the upstairs really cool I’m going to try it today 🤞

Yea, I heard about shutting windows, will do that now in fact! And have been keeping curtains permantly shut at this time as the sun comes on our side of the house where our room is in the evenings so unbearble to sleep.

loonarider

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2021, 12:24:08 PM »

Isn’t it awful. Curtains closed all day, windows open all day but it doesn’t make any difference, still so hot at night.

I cannot wait for cooler weather as this heat is exacerbating everything!!!

loonarider

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2021, 12:27:05 PM »

What a night last night I had. ☹️
Couldn’t sleep, the dog was too hot even with the fan on her, then when I was trying to sleep, I worried about her, I gave her clean fresh water twice, came down to find her sprawled out in the hallway. Such a shame. How animals cope in weather like this in other countries, I’ve no idea. 🤷🏼‍♀️
She’s outside now in the shade until the sun comes over lunch time.

I kept curtains closed, and windows, all day yesterday, had a cold shower before bed, but still no good.
One thing is tho, which really does help, get a freezing cold bottle water and rest it between your feet. It cools you down so quickly, which is great for me as I suffer with heat stroke quite quickly. I don’t sweat much, just over heat. So that’s what I do when I go to bed, put a cold bottle water in between my feet. 👍

It's all too mnuch at the mo. Praying for rain and coolness.

Going to try the cold water between feet! May save me from self combustion! :hotflash:

loonarider

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2021, 12:29:18 PM »

Hello ladies.

On the whole my sleep is okay but lately I have struggled with the heat and I hardly slept last night. Poor sleep doesn't help with the anxiety does it and I am already feeling tearful!

My son is staying with us atm and the heat kept him awake as well so it's not just us women of a certain age.

Take care ladies.

K.

So true! The heat has exacerbated my anxiety, and especially at night. I had actually gotten some control over it or the past few months or so. Now it's back with avengance and coincidentally when the temperatures became uncomfortable! It'd be interesting to see if this all down when it's cooler this weekend.

Never wanted rain so much like now!

loonarider

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2021, 12:38:01 PM »

Yep.  Sleep like a log.  The night B4 I didn't as DH was restless even with the fan birring away.  I did suggest that we should sleep downstairs because hot air rises  ::)

I sort of slept better last night. My step son slept downstairrs, but it'll be me and my partners turn tonight me thinks.

loonarider

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2021, 12:39:24 PM »

We do get colder in the early hours ;-). 

It's about moving air round so that it cools.  No point in opening windows to allow hot air into the building ........... one method is to put a fan over a large bag of ice cubes pointing towards the body which cools the oncoming air.

I'm enjoying these tips. Thanks!

loonarider

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2021, 12:40:58 PM »

I’ve just heard on the radio to freeze some water in empty milk containers and stand them in front of a fan.
So that’s exactly what I’ve just done.  ;D apparently, it can take up to 10 degrees off a room.  :o
I’ll give anything a try tbh.
I’ve also told OH, when he’s off work in a few days, he’s to sleep downstairs.  ;D
He’s like an oven the best of times. 🥵 ;D
Don’t think he was too impressed.  ;D

Wow,  my partner is the same. You'd think he's menopausal. He's soaked even in winter and the covers are all wet. Not fun for me. Imagine when my hot flashes start. It'll be like waterworld in our bedroom! ;D

loonarider

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2021, 12:42:39 PM »

Can’t sleep, can’t function, tooooooo hot! Amazingly I never moan when I’m abroad and it’s this hot :sweatdrop:
Does anyone else get an upset tummy in this weather?

I don't get upset stomach no, but I get what you mean. We were in Southern France on holiday 2 years ago and it was hotter than now, yet it was a dry heat. I can handle that! It's hot, humid, muggy weather I cannot stand!

sheila99

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2021, 01:32:29 PM »

I have no problems going to sleep. Spend all day sitting in a tractor, finish at midnight, tea at 12:30am, bed by 1:30am.  :(
And before anyone orders rain I'd like to finish our hay making first...

C.C.

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2021, 03:04:51 PM »

How long is this heat wave supposed last for you? Any relief on the way?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2021, 03:23:25 PM »

How long is a piece of string?  C.C. we were promised storms 2night in our area, however that has been altered but that depends on which Channel we read  ::)

Dry heat is OK as long as there is shade.  In Pau in the 1990s it was humid, my legs/feet were wet even when standing in the shade  :o.

Do U have air-con in the cab sheila?  and yep, I slept.  From 1.20 until 20 mins. ago.  again WhatsApp woke me  :cuss:

loonarider

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2021, 07:46:50 PM »

I have no problems going to sleep. Spend all day sitting in a tractor, finish at midnight, tea at 12:30am, bed by 1:30am.  :(
And before anyone orders rain I'd like to finish our hay making first...

Wow, that's a job and a half!

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2021, 07:52:10 PM »

No probs for me either just now,on holiday & half a bottle of red does the trick  ;D if any of you can,you should invest in an air con unit,where the hose goes out the window,my bedroom is super cold all year round

Two hoots

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2021, 08:17:02 PM »

My mum saw a tip on tv today, if you have one of those bags you microwave then drape around your neck for headaches (filled with wheat or rice I think) put it in the fridge then put it around your neck, she said it works, lovely and cooling, I’m sure it would be good on feet too  :)

sheila99

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2021, 09:02:31 PM »

Do U have air-con in the cab sheila? 
Only since OH broke the glass door  ;D
Lucky the replacement was the wrong one or it would have been fixed by now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3