Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: What comes next...  (Read 871 times)

Cassie

What comes next...
« on: July 16, 2021, 02:34:48 PM »

Have been on a sequi combination of 1 pump gel and 12 utrogestan every 6 weeks for many years, with an approx 5 day bleed at the end of it,  but as I approach 60 I am already worrying about what HRT I may need to go onto. I like transdermal and I dont really mind having a bleed but am thinking for a lady heading for 70, it may not be such fun  :-\
Are there any ladies on the forum in their 70s still on a sequi hrt and having regular bleeds?
What are the options for conti, low dose transdermal, if I do have to make the move, not sure what my gynae will suggest, just stressing already.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What comes next...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 03:13:38 PM »

Ladies can take HRT for life if there are no health reasons not to do so.

There are ladies on here headed towards their 70s that use HRT successfully.  Hopefully will be along.

Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress, something 2 refer to when discussing your needs with a medic?  Is your regime helping enough?

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 04:30:03 PM »

Yes thanks CLKD its perfect for me, wish I could stay on it permanently, just dont know if its acceptable after a certain age. :-\

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 05:32:18 PM »

Hi,

there is no reason to come off Hrt as long as the benefits outway the risks.  You are on a low does and  the best/ safest  form of HRT.  I would look at the Louise Newson website and arm yourself with all the knowledge you can , so you feel confident .

https://d2931px9t312xa.cloudfront.net/menopausedoctor/files/information/461/Starting%20or%20continuing%20HRT%20after%20the%20menopause%20v21-02.pdf

The link above if for her website booklet.

PMXX

Patricia

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 06:10:12 PM »

Hi Cassie - I’m 67 and my regime is gel and Mirena coil so I don’t have a bleed.  I know there are other ladies in their 60s on here who are on HRT and intend to stay on it but I’m not sure what combination they use. I do know that Hurdity is on a sequi arrangement. I remember asking her once why she didn’t go for a coil and gel and she said her HRT arrangement suited her. That would have been a few years ago now so she might come on to chat with you yet. Patxx

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 06:18:15 PM »

I'm 60 and also on a similar regime. I may try a mirena but as long as I'm on utro I will stick to long cycle sequi as I don't want to be permanently doped. I don't think there's a medical reason to change.