Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Products without scent. Panty liners in particular.  (Read 2798 times)

Gynaikeíos

Products without scent. Panty liners in particular.
« on: July 15, 2021, 08:58:59 AM »

Hello everybody, I  have a question about why it is now so difficult to find sanitary products, particularly panty liners, that do not have scent in them?

I have started to use liners again because of perimenopause symptoms (but not bladder weakness.. yet) and cannot find the thin liners that stick properly to my knickers that do not have scent that I could buy only a few years ago. What I need is a slight cushion, that also lets me have full benefits of the cream I use. Nothing thicker unless it is a sanitary pad when I have my period now I don't find tampons are comfortable enough.

I have noticed that brands of sanitary pads have reduced choices of unscented, too. Why is this? Does anybody know, please?

With best wishes.

HR1

Re: Products without scent. Panty liners in particular.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 09:26:19 AM »

Hi
I use Bodyform Dailies - they stick well and are definitely a liner rather than a pad.  They do fragranced and non-fragranced versions and are readily available at supermarkets, large chemists and online too  :)

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 10:08:11 AM »

Carefree do unscented liners, can't recall having any problem with availability. I use for the same reason, to protect underwear from products applied to the vulva. They seem to stick alright.

JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 11:42:06 AM »

Bamboo products ?

Why do you require liners, mayB ask for a referral to a Continence Nurse.  "Every one has the right to be dry" .......

U could ask your village shop if they are able to order in from the cash/carry they use, or even the supermarket.  Pick your product, try it and if it suits, ask? 

Let us know how you get on.  Kotex stuck like S... to a blanket   >:( - good absorbency but oh, pubic hair became involved  :o :o. I could never wear tampons.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 12:04:11 PM »

Naturecare do a good range, they stick really well.

Gynaikeíos

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 12:38:06 PM »

Thank you for your comments. Maybe I am not looking in the right places, for example, I have not been to the big Boots and Suprrdrug I would have visited when I had work in the city before covid, or the  big supermarkets around the cities for the same reason.
Online does not seem to have as much choice of brand, or within brand --- that I have seen, so far  ;D

CLKD, you ask why I  need them? It is just to be a slight cushion for me, and to make sure all the good effects from the oestrogen cream stays where it is needed.

I have not seen Kotex in my nearest shops for a long time. They did stick! 🤭
Aldays were always good, but the thin ones are only full of scent,now.

I will try harder  :)  With some luck, I will find the right sort before I start working away from home again. 👍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 01:54:43 PM »

Keep on with the VA treatment ;-).  I insert 'ovestin' at night and it stays put ......... I hated feeling 'insecure' down there .........  :-\

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 02:04:38 PM »

Why not consider reusable liners? I do, because I have leakage issues. Comfortable and no smell. More expensive initially, but once set up, no cost until worn out. I also like period pants. Varying thicknesses and more discrete.

Gynaikeíos

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 04:30:29 PM »

Keep on with the VA treatment ;-).  I insert 'ovestin' at night and it stays put ......... I hated feeling 'insecure' down there .........  :-\

I am. It is a great difference! I think I will need to speak more with my GP about fuller HRT before long,  because I am an older woman going into menopause. I think I may be thrown right into it soon.
Such is life.  :)

Gynaikeíos

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 04:33:22 PM »

Why not consider reusable liners? I do, because I have leakage issues. Comfortable and no smell. More expensive initially, but once set up, no cost until worn out. I also like period pants. Varying thicknesses and more discrete.

I have heard of these from a young lady in the family. In the old days everyone would have made reusable. Guess I really need convenience when I am away from home, so yes, I will research these for days at home.

Thank you.

Wrensong

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2021, 07:04:22 PM »

Sorry a bit late, have only just seen this thread.  I use Boots own brand basic pantyliners, they are thin, unscented, stick well & can be ordered online.  Big purple box (60 from memory) for approx £1.70.

Gynaikeíos

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2021, 08:32:42 PM »

Sorry a bit late, have only just seen this thread.  I use Boots own brand basic pantyliners, they are thin, unscented, stick well & can be ordered online.  Big purple box (60 from memory) for approx £1.70.

Super! Thank you for the pointer. I am buying some small boxes of different types, so I will look out for those, too  :)

Jellyb

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2021, 05:16:26 PM »

Just been away for a few days & the hotel bathroom had a dispenser in the shower with shower gel in. As soon as I pumped a bit into my hand & smelled the minty/eucalyptus smell I washed it straight off.
I instantly knew that it would irritate. Why do places use such strong smelling products? Very annoying, I'm glad I had taken my own stuff just in case.

Aprilflower

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2021, 06:39:47 PM »

Tenna lights are now fragrance free.