Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Sequi to Conti only plus synarel…concerned  (Read 777 times)

Tootsie78

Sequi to Conti only plus synarel…concerned
« on: July 15, 2021, 05:57:08 AM »

So I have almost finished my 2 months of sequi - the first set of 50 patches took away anxiety but moodiness seemed just as bad on the conti and now on second set I didn’t get the same ‘high’ when on the 50s.
Had checkup with consultant who has now decided to switch me to conti only plus synarel. He explained this would give me consistent hormones rather than fluctuations by turning off ovaries with the spray and just having conti hormones.

I feel nervous as only 43, still with regular periods which I’ve been told will stop completely on the conti only.

I explained my feelings and moods but also have had so many traumatic events over the last 2-3 years it is no wonder I think of myself as a woman on the edge. The consultant agreed there was more going on aside from just perimenopause.

We go on holiday on Saturday and I’m hanging on for that in the hope that I’ll relax, lose the stress and find some joy again. I’m also applying for new jobs as desperately unhappy where I am.

I guess my question is, if the symptoms I struggle with most (brain fog, low mood) are heavily due to stress - is it worth me asking to just stay on the sequi for a while longer rather than this new regime which messes about more with my hormones and cycle?

I’m not sure I’m ready to emulate a hysterectomy…

Advice and experience very welcome! Thanks!

Taz2

Re: Sequi to Conti only plus synarel…concerned
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 07:12:57 AM »

Hi. I think you might be on Evorel and the progesterone in this is Norethisterone which is well known for causing low mood and PMT type symptoms. The regime your consultant has suggested seems a bit drastic to me without first trying a different progesterone which might not give you the low mood.  I'm not sure of your full history though so turning off ovaries might be the way forward for you but obviously this comes with its own possible side effects. I've only known synarel to be given for endometriosis but that's on the NHS.

Did he say how long you would be on the synarel for?

Taz x