Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Yet more confusion  (Read 1170 times)

jorainbow

Yet more confusion
« on: July 14, 2021, 06:22:45 PM »

Hi again! I decided to start the evorel sequi when we break up for summer as the past couple of weeks of the academic year are full on for me and as I feel pretty much back to normal mood wise, on balance I can wait a week.  The issue is I've been bleeding now for 16 days. Today spotting. Prior to the 15 day period I'd been spotting for a couple of weeks. I asked my GP about testing for low iron which she agreed to but she mentioned taking a prog only pill to stop the bleeding even when I start the patches. Is this a normal combination? Thank you! 

Hurdity

Re: Yet more confusion
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 07:06:47 PM »

Hi Jo rainbow - what is the pill that has been suggested? Norethisterone can be given to stop heavy bleeding. Normally with HRT initially it is started on first day of bleed which counts as Day 1. In practice you could be waiting weeks in peri!

One suggestion is you could start the combi part of the Evorel sequi ( which gives you the oestrogen and the progesterone) ie start thr pack the wrong way round? You may end up bleeding again but you might be a bit more in sync maybe?

Hurdity x

jorainbow

Re: Yet more confusion
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 08:10:13 PM »

Hi Hurdity and thanks! She didn't say the name just progesterone only. The chemist did say I could start whenever so that's what my plan was. It's not particularly heavy just going on and on! I don't think I'll go for the pill and see what happens with the HRT.  I find it all confusing as I thought progesterone made you bleed so wondered why it would be given to stop it. I also just twigged I had a scan couple of years back which showed small fibroids and cysts on my ovaries so I wonder if this might be impacting?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 08:13:55 PM by jorainbow »