Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Mirena Coil PLUS extra progesterone  (Read 681 times)

Onlyhuman

• First Flush
Mirena Coil PLUS extra progesterone
« on: July 14, 2021, 09:59:54 AM »

Morning all...first time posting and finding this page.  I'm having a bit of a rough time at the mo.  I've been on HRT for 2 years.  I started off with Evorel Sequi which I had no problems with other than my periods were horrific (always have been; had an ablation done in 2008) and incredibly painful so saw the Meno Clinic Nurse and she suggested having the Mirena Coil plus Estradot Estrogen patch.  So had the coil fitted in Jan 2020...all good until October 2020 when I had a bleed.  Nothing major so ignored it and carried on but then had a bleed in Nov and Dec and Jan 21 so spoke with Doc; had a scan and all seemed good.  Have a small fibroid but the sonographer said it's not significant enough to be the cause of all the bleeding.  Had further bleeds in Feb, March, April, June and now July - I bled for most of June, had a 2 week break and now have started again; this time, really heavy and having to wear tampon and pad.  I thought the coil was supposed to reduce and even stop periods?!   :bang:

I phoned the Meno Nurse yesterday and she agreed that the coil clearly isn't working so one of the options is for me to retain the coil and estradot patch but top up the progesterone with the mini pill Noriday.  If this doesn't work, I'm having the coil removed and a change of patch that provides stronger levels of progesterone....i think i would prefer a hysterectomy as I'm just so sick and tired of bleeding! :'(

Has anyone else experienced prolonged bleeds with the coil and tried additional progesterone??  Has it worked.  Sorry for long saga post but any advice would be gratefully received; thank you!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mirena Coil PLUS extra progesterone
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 10:04:08 AM »

Morning!  We have threads on most things so try putting 'mirena coil' and 'noriday' into the search box, separately : white letters on a blue background.  Make notes ;-).

If that doesn't work, hopefully someone will be along.  In the meant time, browse round. 

Nowt is taboo on here.

Onlyhuman

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 11:52:01 AM »

Thanks CLKD.  Have had a browse but there doesn't seem to be any further info available on this. Thanks anyway x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 12:00:57 PM »

Hopefully some1 will be along with more suggestions