Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello, and how do I know if these dosages are right?  (Read 1211 times)

Mrs Spoon

• First Flush
Hello, and how do I know if these dosages are right?
« on: July 09, 2021, 08:40:46 AM »

Hi everyone.

I'm 53 an after some obvious but relatively mild symptoms - random periods, night sweats, disturbed sleep, and one horrendous PMT related episode where I cried for two days and was almost suicidal - I have started HRT and been on it for about 2 months. (Oestrogel and Ultragesterone)

The night sweats and sleep disturbance went within about a week and I am slightly surprised about how much more energy I have and how I just feel more content and generally happier. Is this how 'normal' people feel?

The only thing that is a bit disappointing is that I jsut want to eat and eat and feel flabby and generally a bit bleugh when taking the progesterone. I never used to experience this before HRT.

I have an appointment with my GP next week to review things and I don't know whether to ask if it is worth tinkering with the dosages or, have I struck lucky and found the correct ones for me from the start?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello, and how do I know if these dosages are right?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 10:53:09 AM »

Morning.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  Someone else  :-\ has mentioned the increased hunger, do read her thread and join in!

:welcomemm:

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 01:44:05 PM »

Hi Mrs Spoon

Welcome to the forum .

Are you post menopause or peri menopause? And how do you take the progesterone ?

Mrs Spoon

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 12:41:29 PM »

Hi,

I am peri - was still having irregular periods.

I take Utrogestran; 2 tablets before bed for 12 days.

I am going to ask the GP if there is a vegetarian alternative to this brand.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 12:43:50 PM by Mrs Spoon »