Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Post Menopause nearly 3.5 years but still debilitating day and night flushes  (Read 681 times)

Lady Daviot

Hi Ladies,

I was not on HRT, but finding that I am still getting hot flushes day and night to the point I am exhausted the next day. I am working full-time and raising a wonderful teenage daughter, but I could sleep at any moment and sometimes have to nip off for a power nap. I have always had issues taking anything hormonal, which never seemed to agree with me. Would it be worth going on HRT now to stop the hot flushes and spikes in my blood pressure? if so, what would be the recommended product and quantity? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

KarineT

Hello,

I've read somewhere that hot flushes can be related to blood pressure rather than menopause.   Unfortunately, I can't advise you on HRT as I'm not on it.

I'm sure that someone on this forum will be able advise you on HRT.

Lady Daviot

Hi Karine,

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I am going to discuss with my GP if this continues.

jaypo

Hi,I'm not expert on HRT either as never been on it but I believe HRT is great for getting rid of flushes,it depends greatly on how it is affecting your life,I still get flushes,had them for nearly 8 years now but they're not as bad as they used to be

Taz2

Hi. It is worth going onto HRT if you feel the flushes are affecting your quality of life. Some women have them for the rest of their lives and even if you eventually come back off HRT and they return then you will have had at least some time of feeling so much better. I've been on  HRT for fourteen years and went on it purely because I couldn't function with the hot flushes/sweats. They happened every twenty minutes day and night and, like you, I was exhausted. Within forty eight hours of putting on my first patch they had totally gone. It was like a miracle!!

I see you mention spikes in your blood pressure? Has the GP advised any medication to control this? High blood pressure does have to be controlled before you begin HRT usually - depends on how high though and how the rest of your health is.

Taz x

Lady Daviot

Thanks to you all for very useful advise and yes I am going to contact my GP this week and see what the options are.