Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding whilst using Evorel Conti Patches  (Read 889 times)

HarvestMoon

Bleeding whilst using Evorel Conti Patches
« on: July 13, 2021, 12:33:57 PM »

Hiya, I'm hoping for some advice as I don't really know what to do for the best.
I've been using Evorel Conti patches for just over 12 months. I had a few occasions early days with spotting which then settled down.
Recently I've been bleeding again,  but more than spotting and for around 2 weeks and was referred for an ultrasound and Hysteroscopy. Thankfully, all is well and the gynae nurse says it will most likely be an issue with the hormone balance of my HRT not being correct.
Incidentally, I don't really like using patches, as they don't stick properly, in fact I use a tegaderm dressing over the top of them, which can't be quite right really can it? If I don't, it falls off, particularly if I sweat during exercise, which I do a lot. Anyhow, I've started bleeding again. More than spotting, a bit like a normal period.
I'm thinking of asking my GP to switch me to Oestregel and Utrogestan. I've an appointment on 30th July. Is there any advice/reassurance you can give me in the meantime? I'd really appreciate it

Thank you 

Stockport1965

Re: Bleeding whilst using Evorel Conti Patches
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 05:26:05 PM »

Hiya, I'm hoping for some advice as I don't really know what to do for the best.
I've been using Evorel Conti patches for just over 12 months. I had a few occasions early days with spotting which then settled down.
Recently I've been bleeding again,  but more than spotting and for around 2 weeks and was referred for an ultrasound and Hysteroscopy. Thankfully, all is well and the gynae nurse says it will most likely be an issue with the hormone balance of my HRT not being correct.
Incidentally, I don't really like using patches, as they don't stick properly, in fact I use a tegaderm dressing over the top of them, which can't be quite right really can it? If I don't, it falls off, particularly if I sweat during exercise, which I do a lot. Anyhow, I've started bleeding again. More than spotting, a bit like a normal period.
I'm thinking of asking my GP to switch me to Oestregel and Utrogestan. I've an appointment on 30th July. Is there any advice/reassurance you can give me in the meantime? I'd really appreciate it

Thank you

Snap! Apart from the patches falling off. Mine stay on fine. I started in late Feb and have pretty much been bleeding for 4months. As time has gone on the bleeding is like a proper period as opposed to spotting. I was checked out at hospital and all OK too. I have a review coming up soon with the GP and I am looking to try something else. Let us know how you get on.... :)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 07:48:14 PM »

Were you meno rather peri when you started (one year without a bleed)? If not you have a sequi regime that allows a bleed. If you were gel and utro is a good option. A mirena will usually stop the bleeding even in peri. As the patches don't stick well you may be getting less than you should.

juliem56

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 08:26:07 PM »

Hi I have been taking estrogel and continuous Utrogestan for quite a few years and still getting breakthrough bleeding and from what I have read bleeding is very common.  Hope you find a solution